“Amsterdam? More like Amsterdayum”
Review of FreeDam Tours

FreeDam Tours
Ranked #2 of 474 Tours in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Discover the fascinating history of the most liberal city in the world with FreeDam Tours - a unique, in-depth (free / tips only) walking tour that will leave you understanding and appreciating this city in ways you never thought possible. With the perfect mix of information and entertainment, combining history and contemporary lifestyle with unique personal stories and anecdotes that help explain the essence of Amsterdam and Dutch culture. With five daily tours at 10AM, 10:30AM, 11AM, 1PM and 2PM, starting in front of the Old Church, in the heart of the Red Light District.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I was not expecting to have my socks knocked clean off my feet today. However, unexpected by me, I was about faced with the charisma and showmanship of Charlotte.
Truly, Charlotte not only englightened my knowledge, but my soul.

1  Thank langExmouth
Write a ReviewReviews (3,119)
All reviews
"great stories"
in 30 reviews
"fun facts"
in 25 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 32 reviews
in 24 reviews
"hour tour"
in 31 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

It started on a rainy Sunday, Charlotte was out tour guide, she had great energy, great enthusiasm but also had the knowledge!
She explained Amsterdam very well, and she supplied us biscuits which helped the tour become more personal!
She is a credit to the tour, I have done the walking tour before in other countries and have been disengaged but she kept us involved but also interested in what she had to say! She is a credit to the company and she will keep delivering great tours for the company!
I apologise for my friends who laughter at every time the word gay was mentioned!

1  Thank Henry S
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I had the best tour I’ve ever had. Charlotte was the most intelligent and knowledgable leader I have ever met. She showed strong leadership and personable characteristics through. I can only apologise for my friend who fell in love with her and made the trip awkward , qualities she cannot be blamed for! 5 our of 5. Best tour ever

1  Thank Jason L
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Great tour with lots of interesting information. Special thanks to our marvelous tour guide Marcella! Highly recommended o

1  Thank Chethana D
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I attended the 11am walking tour with Loeke on Monday 2nd April. My group were drawn to her immediately with her broad smile and charm! She did not disappoint and was enthusiastic, warm and extremely knowledgable throughout. We all learned a lot about Dutch history and for a free tour it was a lot better than many paid excursions. It was a long tour (almost 3 and half hours) and the weather wasn’t great so if going along make sure you dress appropriately and bring snacks! Enjoy and remember to tip! ☺️

1  Thank wrigj16