“Very informative and fun!”
Review of FreeDam Tours

FreeDam Tours
Ranked #2 of 468 Tours in Amsterdam
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Discover the fascinating history of the most liberal city in the world with FreeDam Tours - a unique, in-depth (free / tips only) walking tour that will leave you understanding and appreciating this city in ways you never thought possible. With the perfect mix of information and entertainment, combining history and contemporary lifestyle with unique personal stories and anecdotes that help explain the essence of Amsterdam and Dutch culture. With five daily tours at 10AM, 10:30AM, 11AM, 1PM and 2PM, starting in front of the Old Church, in the heart of the Red Light District.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Great tour with lots of interesting information. Special thanks to our marvelous tour guide Marcella! Highly recommended o

1  Thank Chethana D
Write a ReviewReviews (2,999)
All reviews
"cookies"
in 71 reviews
"informative tour"
in 51 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 49 reviews
in 34 reviews
"hour tour"
in 47 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I attended the 11am walking tour with Loeke on Monday 2nd April. My group were drawn to her immediately with her broad smile and charm! She did not disappoint and was enthusiastic, warm and extremely knowledgable throughout. We all learned a lot about Dutch history and for a free tour it was a lot better than many paid excursions. It was a long tour (almost 3 and half hours) and the weather wasn’t great so if going along make sure you dress appropriately and bring snacks! Enjoy and remember to tip! ☺️

1  Thank wrigj16
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This was one of the best free walking tours I have been on. Our guide, Suzanne, was energetic and very knowledgeable. The pace exploring the city was perfect and we had the opportunity to chat with her and ask questions. There was a stop for coffee and pastries (if desired) before we continued with the second part of the tour. She also gave us all cookies! I would highly recommend the tour if you’re visiting Amsterdam as it’s a great way to see the sights and get to learn more about the city’s history.

1  Thank Kayley B
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Had I not gotten left behind on a walking tour with another company, I wouldn't have booked with the Freedam tour guys. I am so glad I did get lost because this one was AMAZING! It was led by Nick who was so lovely, enthusiastic and knew interesting information about Amsterdam's history and culture. He had wonderful anecdotes and it was delivered in a personal way. I was travelling solo and he made everyone feel welcome! He even incorporated some improv role play! I would recommend this walking tour to anyone who is in Amsterdam. Brilliant!

2  Thank Ava B