“Superb food”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Zarzo, opened for special event!

I haven’t paid the bill! I got an invite for this event on tuesday. Zarzo treated us with great food and exellent wines for a couple of hours. I am amazed about the passion and crafmanships of Zarzo. We had a lot of starters all looking great, special and tasting amazingly welll! It all was warming us up for the main course ‘ossenhaas’ beef tenderloin, a wonderfull piece of meat cooked to perfection!

Also the desert was awesome! No doubt this restaurant was serving the best meals i had in life! The ambiance is dark but nice!

Amazing and great food, lovely wine and lovely people serving the meal!

Reviewed 26 September 2018

I enjoyed (?) 9 different drinks and about 12 culinary experiments served like figurative artwork on mini-dishes.

All true the long, very long, evening I was lectured about the food that I was presented. It felt like a school class.
My table companions felt awkward to ask questions or make any comments. The constant hovering of the waiter stifled our conversation. It became increasingly clear what was expected of the guests, basically we were expected to applaud the performances in the kitchen.

The food was, well, experimental. Surprising combinations of ingredients, artsy amalgamations of content and color effected in surprising experiences both visual as well as sensory. Some of these experiments were very successful, no doubt. I had 3 or 4 “WOW-moments”. But I also had 8 or 9 “so what moments”.

Dear hospitality entrepreneur; guests are not a jury in a TV program. Waiters and kitchen staff are not constantly doing final exams in the area of creative food engineering.

I am getting more and more impressed by cooks that can serve an excellent steak with “the best” French fries and a plain bu “ohhh sooo good” salad. Don’t see those often when I am in the Netherlands.

Oh, I forget to add that the tab at the end of this long and enduring evening was outrageously high. That's why I judged this place "Poor" instead of "Average".

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

I went here for lunch with my husband as a birthday treat and was really glad I did. We ordered the surprise 3 course lunch menu for 42euros and enjoyed every mouthful. As you would expect the service was excellent and the wine pairings were spot on. It was nice to see the chefs at work and yet it was a relaxed atmosphere. The amuses were little tastes of heaven and the sourdough bread was the best I have ever tasted anywhere on my travels. Well worth a visit!

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Very good food in a Mediterranean modern style.
Creative chef and nice atmosphere in a trendy styled restaurant. Extensive and interesting wine list. Pricy!

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Amazing place. The food is the best in eindhoven. The attention to detail is incredible. Absolutely love this place. It's quite expensive but worth every cent. Well done