All reviews walking distance small boutique hotel excellent location quiet street railway station top floor coffee maker great shower first floor two nights city centre parking dutch euro bikes receptionist furniture
Reviewed 10 October 2017

We stayed for 2 nights as guest of the tourist information people , we won a short break from our local Airport (Southend uk ). The reservation was made on our behalf .
All went well from check in to checkout . The only moan will be about the noise from above rooms (we was on 1st floor)The wooden flooring make it very loud when somebody walks around .Some carpet runners like in the hallways would help .Great location ,

Stayed: February 2017
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

I believe (or like to believe) that we had the best room in the hotel. The view, the shower, the bed & especially the bath made our trip to Groningen definitely worth it! It's clean, new & fresh, perfect.

The outside and the logo of the hotel doesn't appeal too much, but it's great inside. Some speakers in the room to play music would be a nice touch too. :-)

But overall a very nice experience! Would love to come back.

Thank you.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2017

It doesn't look much from the outside but this is a gem. A very warm welcome with lots of local advice and nothing too much trouble. The hotel has been carefully renovated and is well presented. Practical and classical. We really enjoyed our brief stay and would definitely stay again. Parking was available close by in a private car park.
The internet connection was a little intermittent in our room even via a cable but not a huge problem unless you particularly need it.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2017

This is a lovely hotel just a few minutes walk from the main train station and the center of Groningen the staff here were very friendly and helpful also we got a free upgrade on the room we had the room was on the top floor with a nice balcony not much of a view but it was a very nice clean modern room as was the hotel in general and at a decent price as well I would stay here again

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 June 2017

I stayed in this hotel for two nights, in room 0. The room was small but it was quite easy to move around in it and I easily found a convenient place for the suitcase. There was no cabinet in the room but I did manage to fit things nicely. The room was very clean (and as I have dust allergy I notice these things easily so it was really very well cleaned!) and the furniture was of good quality. The room was cool in the night and during the daytime its temperature could be increased. There was a good place for shampoo and soap in the shower. The sound insulation was relatively good, I could hear some people occasionally moving next to my room but very rarely.

The only thing in the room that was a kid of not optimal was that at least one of the walls dropped parts of it on the floor and when I had my bag placed leaning against this wall, the bag was all while (color of the wall) after that from the side that was against the wall. It may be good if the hotel can perhaps repaint this wall. But this was not a major thing at all for me.

The location is excellent as the hotel is walking distance from nice restaurants and shopping areas as well as museums in the city. The street was very quiet and peaceful. The service was always excellent and the receptionists were very helpful.

The breakfast was also excellent: different kinds of bread, yoghurt, serial, some pastry, juices, cheeses, ham, fruits, berries… Although at any given time there were not many guests due to the size of the hotel, the breakfast was designed with attention to detail and good taste, considering the diverse needs of the guests. The average age of clientele was about 60 or 70. Not a problem for me.

I liked the hotel very much and if ever again in Groningen, this would be my number one choice for a hotel.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business