“Disappointing”

Ankara
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 July 2015

The reviews for this place seemed promising. The two appetizers ("entres") we ordered seemed to support that view, but once the main courses came to the table, I was terribly disappointed. The fish dishes we ordered (fried sardines and grilled trout) were served with over-cooked vegetables, along with a staple iceberg salad, and fries. The trout was edible, though not tasty. The sardines were dry and not savory at all. The fries were not homemade, and were also not special at all. The salads served with the meal were bland and the fact that every dish contained the same kind of lettuce made the experience repetitive.
On a positive note, the wait staff was nice. However, don't go there if you have other options.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Near the station, low prices, friendly service, English speaking. Competent cooking, especially starters (boreks) and lentil soup. Mains a bit tasteless and not the best meat. Good frites.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is by far the best turkish restaurant in Nijmegen and area.
Seems to be run by a family, as you feel welcomed with big smile and grandpa is always looking around to see if you might need some attention.
Untill now the best eggplant salad (Şakşuka) I've had since my trip to Istanbul.
I can't say which is my favorite dish, as I just love turkish flavors. But Et Dolmasi you should really try. And not to mention the price. Their dishes are so well priced that you could doubt about the quality at your first visit. Don't be! This is just great quality turkish food for a very reasonable price. This place belongs in a better area. Be sure to pay for parking ticket before sitting.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

allthough they've changed the kitchen a bit, some years ago, I like this place very much. I come here regularly. The staff is kind, the food is good. I once ordered one of their specialities: "vuur-zuiltje", it's more expensive, but contains the same food as the cheaper dishes on the menu. There's one desert you can order that isn't on the menu. I cant remember the Dutch word for it, but if you say "knuffelen", they really know what you mean.. Knoef-loen something like that..
It's good quality, I find it relatively cheap, very decent price and nice people. What more would you want? O.. and it's one of these restaurants that you can really have conversations in, so not so much noise, that's important for me. (also excellent for business meetings).

Reviewed 6 April 2013

When I say Yummy, that's exactly what it is. We've been to the Ankara restaurant a number of times and the food quality has always been very good. The value for money is tops! The only thing I'd change about it would be the serving dishes, make 'm less standard old-fashioned hotel style.