“Value for money”

Ankara
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Near the station, low prices, friendly service, English speaking. Competent cooking, especially starters (boreks) and lentil soup. Mains a bit tasteless and not the best meat. Good frites.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is by far the best turkish restaurant in Nijmegen and area.
Seems to be run by a family, as you feel welcomed with big smile and grandpa is always looking around to see if you might need some attention.
Untill now the best eggplant salad (Şakşuka) I've had since my trip to Istanbul.
I can't say which is my favorite dish, as I just love turkish flavors. But Et Dolmasi you should really try. And not to mention the price. Their dishes are so well priced that you could doubt about the quality at your first visit. Don't be! This is just great quality turkish food for a very reasonable price. This place belongs in a better area. Be sure to pay for parking ticket before sitting.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

allthough they've changed the kitchen a bit, some years ago, I like this place very much. I come here regularly. The staff is kind, the food is good. I once ordered one of their specialities: "vuur-zuiltje", it's more expensive, but contains the same food as the cheaper dishes on the menu. There's one desert you can order that isn't on the menu. I cant remember the Dutch word for it, but if you say "knuffelen", they really know what you mean.. Knoef-loen something like that..
It's good quality, I find it relatively cheap, very decent price and nice people. What more would you want? O.. and it's one of these restaurants that you can really have conversations in, so not so much noise, that's important for me. (also excellent for business meetings).

Reviewed 6 April 2013

When I say Yummy, that's exactly what it is. We've been to the Ankara restaurant a number of times and the food quality has always been very good. The value for money is tops! The only thing I'd change about it would be the serving dishes, make 'm less standard old-fashioned hotel style.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

We stayed in the region and felt ready to try something new. So after reading TA we headed to Ankara. The food was extremely good: full with fresh spices it brings so many sensations to your mouth that it is truly amazing. We liked the soup of the house and the Turkish bread was very good as well. There are a 100 seats but judging by how popular it is with the locals you might want to make reservations before you go. Parking is for free after 18.00 in the street otherwise you can always park in the garage next to the station for a small fee. Prices are good. We recommend it.