“Well decorated restaurant that gives Indonesian feeling but also Indonesian food taste, just great!”
Review of Batavia

Batavia
Ranked #8 of 328 Restaurants in Arnhem
Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 August 2018

Staff were super friendly and the food was very good. Serving size were really big for the menu. We ordered the grilled menu, and we could only finish half of the portion. Good value for the money. Was there for my birthday,and they played birthday song from Djamrud and gave me extra spekkoek with small "fire-spark", loved it!
Thanks Batavia!

Reviewed 31 May 2018

I went there with my parents and liked the place a lot. The food was tasty, spicy as we wanted and served quickly. Big recommendation to all!

Reviewed 29 May 2018

My husband has been talking about rijsttafel (Dutch for rice table) for years, so when we arrived in Holland, we kept our eyes peeled for Indonesian restaurants.

Time, place and opportunity collided in Arnhem, a short walk from the train station when we happened upon Batavia.

It was early, the place was quiet and we were the first lunch guests. We should have ordered a smaller set menu as in the end we couldn’t finish all our food, but it was a wonderful experience.

Being my first rijsttafel, I really enjoyed it, though some of the flavors were repetitive and most of the dishes were vegetables. Some we could have done without altogether as it was akin to salad starters.

It did take a while for our food to arrive once we ordered; we assumed because things had to be prepped from scratch and pots heated up as we were the first for lunch. But the wait was fine with us as we weren’t in any rush and had time for a leisurely lunch.

If however we lived locally and were pressed for time, this would not be the sort of place for a quick bite.

Even the owner (who takes your order and serves you) admonished on the ill effects of eating quickly and per Indonesian culture, the importance of sitting down to enjoy one's meal.

Thanks Batavia for introducing me to rijsttafel!

1  Thank The_Concierge_8
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

We ordered #4 group meal and it was very nice. Service was good, very friendly if a tad slow. Price was pretty good - €70 for three people including drinks.

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Ingredients are of Ok quality but nothing special. The seasoning is bland. I've eaten much better Indonesian food in the Netherlands. The price is reasonable but given the food I would not recommend this place.