“Nice food bad service ”
Review of Leeuwarder Lounge

Leeuwarder Lounge
Reserve with
Leeuwarder Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 183 Restaurants in Leeuwarden
Price range: USD 18 - USD 34
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

This place was with nice atmosphere very nice food but terrible service , first we had reservations at 17;00 and we ware there on time but we have to wait half hour for cleaning , then we have to wait long for menu cart , then we had nice food but food come not together same of us have to wait same if us have to eat ,

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent food but some dishes in extremely small portions. Some tapas are gone with only two spoons and cost almost 5€

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

A few days ago I've decided to take out my girlfriend for dinner, but in such a small city like Leeuwarden it is quite challenging to find such a place where you haven't been yet and to experience something new.

The reservation was from 8 o'clock but we arrived 15 minutes before. In the restaurant a kind and very nice waiter informed us that unfortunately our table is not free yet, but they welcome us for a drink in their other restaurant Saray. The waiter who is actually one of the owner has lead us to the other restaurant, where the bartender already knew who we are and kindly offered us anything from the bar, mentioning that it is on their account.
As soon as our table was free they called us and led us back. We ordered some wine again and our first meal, but then the same waiter has offered us the best table in the restaurant because they still felt they need to make up something. He led us to a traditional Afghanis table, it looked like a small room, divided from the restaurant with curtains and Persian carpets. Through the whole night we were treated like a prince and a princess, I have never experienced such an excellent hospitality before.

Besides all this, their food is absolutely outstanding. It has opened a completely new world in front of me, I've never tasted such traditional foods before, it was so tasty, original and fresh that I just didn't believe that I didn't know about this place before.

The business is led buy two brothers, both of them are adding value with their young and super professional behavior. I doubt that they had followed any hospitality education, but since it's somehow in their blood, they make the atmosphere even better because it feels original, and coming from the heart.

We went there very hungry, very thirsty, we filled ourself completely, experienced amazing food, and had 3 glasses of wine per person, and on the end of the night which has made me to go back much much more often, is the fact that I payed 33 euro!!! I didn't hesitate at all leaving there a substantial amount of tip.

I definitely recommend this place, and I guarantee that everyone who goes there won't be disappointed!

Michelin star!!!

Reviewed 29 January 2016

Very good afghani tapas, good service, the discovery menu is perfect to try different warm and cold tapas. The atmosphere is very nice to relax, after dinner you can just sit in the sofa area, smoke a chicha or enjoy a nice wine.

Reviewed 2 September 2015 via mobile

Let me first say WOW! Me and my brother came hungry to this restaurant after reading the good comments about it, and we got charmed by this place.
The atmosphere is really calm and cozy, the music was really nice.
The waiter welcome us and was very kind and gave us explanation about every plate. We really liked their attitude. Excellent service!
The food was not less then amazing. Every single tapas was delicious and the prices are very cheap comparing to the quality of it.

Button line, if you travel in leeuwarden this is a must
Highly recommended!!!

Sure we will visit again !