This was our fourth stay on Eden Island, which has very much become a home from home. We love the relaxed nature of a stay there, and find it represents very good value for money.
This was a last minute trip over NYE, and due to limited availability we opted for a different unit from the one we stay at on the resort usually. It left us a little underwhelmed. No one significant thing on its own, but in aggregate it left us feeling a bit disappointed with our stay.
- Check in was slow. We arrived at 14.30 and did not get the keys until 16.00 as the housekeeper was still getting the unit ready. Quite frustrating after a long flight.
- Laundry was still being done when we arrived in unit and the sheets and towells stayed in the washer for our entire stay (housekeeper never returned to finish this).
- The overall feel of the unit was quite dirty. Furniture is very old and dated and in need of repair. Not in keeping with other units on Eden Island.
- We had to make the bed ourselves upon arrival. A Single duvet cover was on the double bed!
- The bed (and couch) were incredibly uncomfortable. We had to put many sheets and pillows on the mattress so that we could sleep.
- Bed sheets were very old. Pillows were yellow with sweat etc from previous guests. We all got bites from bed bugs (not mosquitos) whilst there.
- No gas in BBQ, so we couldn't use it.
- DSTV did not work.
- No wifi. Whilst we were informed of this beforehand, there is a router in the property with an active wifi, so no idea why this isn't made accessible for guests?! Highly unusual in 2017 not to have it.
- Hair drier could not be used as plug socket is not compatabile with plug socket (or our universal travel adapter we brought ourselves).
- No spare towels. Only 2 bath towels, and 2 beach towels.
We love Eden Island, and will certainly return, however in the current state we would probably not consider returning back to this particular unit. Please don't let this particular review put you off considering Eden Island as a holiday destination, as the resort itself is truly wonderful.
The apartment is located on the exclusive Eden Island with access to and from controlled via security. This apartment is located near to the infinity pool and gym and has a golf buggy available to travel around Eden Island.
The accommodation is spacious, modern and very comfortable with an excellent balcony with views over the marina.
It is fully furnished, albeit there was no TV or internet access.
Would recommend for a quiet relaxing and/or romantic get-a-way.