The Green Man(Six Mile Bottom)
All reviewsthe air conditioningmember of staffmain courseweddingbedroomstarters
Reviewed 27 October 2014

A highly recommended this Boutique hotel to indulge your self. I stay here for one night with my girls, we enjoyed a delicious self-made “Tea time” pastries and sandwiches and a wonderful dinner. I love the charming and unique decoration of this hotel. Ask George tips about the area and the Horses he will be happy to give you great tips. Thank you George for everything!.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
David T, Owner at Swynford Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2014

Dear dnd¬_trips

Thank you for your review of Paddocks House. I am pleased that you and your girls had a great stay with us and enjoyed what our property and what we do.

I will pass your comments on to all concerned including George whom I see made a lasting impression on you.

Thank you again for taking the time to review us and I do hope you will be back if ever back in Newmarket.

Reviewed 12 October 2014

I was taken here as a surprise 40th birthday treat by my fiancée and it was a lovely hotel, stylish and modern. Started by driving down the bridle path with a lovely view of the building. Lots of parking. We were treated by very friendly staff and was shown to our room.
We stayed in room 9 which was large in size and was decorated in black, silver and greys. We had a large king size bed which was very comfortable. Bedside table had a iPad mini for you to use but it's quite limited as you can't use much on it. Also they had a Bose mini Bluetooth speaker which was amazing. I connected my iPhone to it and used it for most of the trip. I ended up buying one the day after. Room had a large Internet TV, desk and long dress mirror, wardrobe, safe, slippers, dressing gown, sofa, coffee table and then the best bit, the Bath. The deep iron polished bath was great inside the bedroom. The bathroom was separate and had a large shower cubicle with Hermes mens products and Bulgari ladies products. Service was very slow in bringing an ice bucket to the room.
We had afternoon tea and scones in the garden. We were given our tea and hot choc but the scones took 20 mins to arrive. My fiancée asked for another pot of tea as she had drunk the first one before the scones arrived, the old tea bags must have been used as it was very weak and not nice.
We had dinner that evening which was lovely, we had the entire restaurant to ourselves which was nice and food was really good. Great wine and service.
We opted for breakfast in bed which was 45 mins late and they forgot part of it. Again service to the room was poor as they took ages to come back with the items they forgot.
Overall the venue was awesome and the gardens were lovely but what let it down was the room service and service at afternoon tea.
I will return for sure but hope the service is better next time.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dazzarapp
David T, Owner at Swynford Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2014

Dear dazzarapp,

Thank you for your review and feedback for Paddocks House. I am sorry that not all aspects are as they should have been and the matters raised regarding room service and afternoon have been duly noted and addressed with those concerned.

I am glad to see that this did not totally impede the enjoyment of your stay and that you will be back for a stay with us. I am confident the matters rasied were in isolation on this stay and am sure you will note this on your future visit.

Thank you again for your review and taking the time to feedback and we will look forward to see you again soon…

Reviewed 11 October 2014

My stay was a surprise gift from my wife. The hotel is set in superb grounds close to Cambridge. We had a great room facing the front of the hotel. It had an amazing copper bath which we took advantage of. I must say that the food was excellent. I had the mushroom macaroni which was simply out of this world. The service was simply outstanding without being over the top. Would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Matt O

Dear Matt O,

Thank you for your review of Paddocks House. I am delighted to see that you had a good time with us and enjoyed the hotel.

Thank you again for taking the time to review us and do look us up when back in Cambridge..

Reviewed 11 October 2014

I had to cancel the venue I'd booked for my wedding reception, and where I was supposed to be staying for my wedding night, a week before my wedding. A change in management had brought a change in standards.

I called Paddocks House and booked (their last free room) for our wedding night. It was a fraught time having to re-organise all the arrangements and I probably called George & Oliver at Paddocks House a few more times than I usually would when making a hotel booking. They were brilliant about it. Consummate professionals.

They accommodated our every request and topped it with hospitality. We asked if we could check in when we arrived, late, after our wedding reception. It was no problem, and would we like a complimentary late checkout for the next day? We asked if we'd be able to breakfast late. Of course, and would we like it sent up to our rooms instead of going downstairs?

When we arrived we found a handwritten card of congratulations and a bottle of bubbles at the end of the bed.

The accommodation is fab. The sheets cotton, the robes fluffy, and the bath tubs things of joy. Spotlessly clean. Excellent breakfast.

Thank you, George, Oliver & the Paddocks team. x

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kate W

Dear KateW,

Thank you for your review of Paddocks House. I am sorry to read of your issues so close to your special day. I am sure this was not easy for you on many levels. I am delighted that we were able to accommodate you and that Oliver, George and the team were able to make it special for you and hopefully allow you to forget the issues with your previous venue.

Wishing you both a very happy married life and we will look forward to welcoming you back anytime !!

Best wishes and Congratulations,

Reviewed 21 September 2014

What a fabulous place to hold an event. We booked Paddocks house for our 40th Anniversary Celebration. We had four rooms all superb. The staff are very professional and friendly. We started off with afternoon tea, which was delicious. We then got ready for our evening celebration, the room was very calming, clean and luxurious. We had the in house disco company, great choice of music, the food for the evening was lovely. Danced till the early hours. What more can I say, Paddocks house team, you did us proud. Thank you from us all.

Room Tip: We had The Master Suite. Perfect
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lizzie667

Dear Lizzie667,

Thank you for your review of Paddocks House. I am delighted to see that you had a good time with us and the team looked after you during your event. A great idea to have afternoon tea prior to evening celebrations and I am glad that served you well for dancing till the early hours.

Thank you again for your review Lizzie, I hope you will be back to see us again soon. We have some great Christmas events lined up …