“Awesome food”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Gewerbeschule
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

An unassuming restaurant tucked off under a building which offers good value for money jp food!

Salad- Side that came with the main dish ordered. Good portion and they use Japanese salad sauce for this and yummy! Light and refreshing citrus soy taste which is a good start.

Ebi Udon- 7 shrimps and plenty of other ingredients that goes into the bowl! Shrimps were also de-vained, not many restaurants offer such attention. Soup was yummy, not just miso paste and water. Exceeded my expectations :)

Ikura Sushi- the sushi were loaded with so much salmon roe that took me off by surprise! Usually, restaurants load with rice and a thin layer of roe but Yoshiro did it differently. Paid 12chf for these and very well worth the money paid..!

It was my first time but definitely not my last. The only down I would say is the smell of kitchen.. As it is not a huge restaurant, food preparation smell from the kitchen goes into the eating area.. if u are looking for good quality food, this is the place.

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

Yoshino is worth the visit when you are looking for an authentic tasty sushi experience. They offer all kinds of starters - i recommend a simple edamame. The tempura plates are a real surprise and the sushi simply excellent. My recommendation are the tempura rolls, which might come to your table with a hint of warmth if you order them late in the evening.
The service is quiet, efficient and always helpful if you are looking for a recommendation.

Reviewed 5 February 2017

Hubby and I went on Thursday a few weeks ago. The place is quiet and intimate, not too big which we like. The Spinach Salad was nice although it could've had more Goma (Sesame) sauce. Hubby had a bowl of Yamakake, it was good and fresh- but next time we will ask the egg to be cooked much shorter so it was still half raw. My Crunchy King Fish Tuna was not as I imagined, but the fish was good, I must say. Tempura was OK. Not crunchy enough for my taste. I gave 4 stars due to the freshness of their food and their service, that they're so friendly, and show the effort that you enjoy your order and they're flexible enough to modify the dish the way you like it. (Egg in Yamakake for example). Will come back to try their Azuki (red beans) Ice cream. Typical Jap dessert that you don't find easily in Jap rest in ZH.

Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

Food was very good. We ordered Japanese curry, udon, sashimi and a few appetizers, all of them turned out good. Staffs were attentive and friendly.

Reviewed 13 March 2016

When visited in December I was looking forward to receiving Japanese native service. However, I got disappointed. The restaurant is managed by Chinese people, they do not speak Japanese at all neither they are as friendly as they it is expected of people in a "Japanese" restaurant.

It should be clearly mentioned that nobody, not even waiters or waitresses speak Japanese.

The food, however, is tasty and cheap - for people who do not want to experience the real Japanese friendliness or language it is to recommend.

I give a one star rating so that people read it - I want to prevent people from having the same experience as I had

1  Thank v0yagerCH