“Take-away box is too small. Ambience is mediocre.”
Review of Swaad

Swaad
Ranked #1,087 of 2,189 Restaurants in Zurich
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 16 June 2015

The lunch buffet is not expensive (currently less than CHF20). But you won't be imspired by the ambience. It seems to be a canteen. The take-away is less than CHF15. But the take-away box is too small to put food enough.

Reviewed 11 April 2015 via mobile

Many indians who work in the close by's bank IT department have their lunch at Swaad. Which is a good sign. I love the near-real dishes they offer for a mire than reasonable price - and it is 'eat as much as you can'. Usually this is one plate with starters and one with warm dishes - like dal, chicken tikka masala, vegetable curry, etc. My friend form Pune, India, was not terribl impressed - he gave it a 4 out if 10. But I like to have my lunch here from time to time.

Reviewed 24 January 2015

Cheap and cheery lunch buffet with a decent vegetarian selection and for CHF 17.50 you most certainly get the bang for your buck! If this was priced at CHF 28-30 then I'd say the price is NOT right and I'd change the rating to 3 stars as you would be better going to Tandoori, which is priced at around CHF 28 for their aromatic buffet.

The things I like about Swaad:

- Decent service but it can be really busy at lunch so be patient (it's next to the Credit Suisse Uetlihof premises, which is a huge building with lots of employees)
- Food is quite authentic
- Price is cheap and cheery
- Conveniently located diagonally across from the tram stop Laubegg
- They have the best Sriracha sauce with the rooster brand available (made in CA, USA)
- Good diversity of food

However if not comparing the prices, I still slightly prefer Tandoor's buffet at Stockerstrasse because it is more aromatic and has a good variety of sauces and meats.

1  Thank Chickskie
Reviewed 23 January 2015

Went there with my husband to have lunch. We chose the buffet : great choice of appetizers, vegetables, chicken and fish. The food itself was one of the best Indian food I have ever had. Great choice of vegetarian dishes.

My husband, who spent a month in India last year told me that the food, and especially the mango lassi, was as good as the food he has in Pune.

Friendly staff. Prices are ok for a city like Zürich. Definitely going back soon!

1  Thank Amy C
Reviewed 3 December 2014

Have been twice here, and both time it was good. Nothing more, nothing less. Not fancy, not traditional, weird ambiance. But you always find a table without reservation, as it is not in the centre of the city, which is a plus.
Disapointing was, that both times, I have been there, I have asked for spicy, extra hot food, but both times my wish was ignored, and in first case the food was a little bit spicy, second time totaly mild, if not sweet. I will probably try the third time, as their naan is really great, but this shouldnt happen.

1  Thank xdavidox