All reviews nearby nightclub standing fan excellent hospitality walking distance from the main station train station bit noisy at night reception staff are extra bed basic hotel public transportation no air conditioning triple room zurich hb station hotel is located backpackers limmat supermarket
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed in hotel xtra for 2 days . Helping staff , nice breakfast within a distance of
100 m by walk but not in hotel . Near to Zurich HB station just 600 m . You can also try mata hari bar too good .

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Realy the worst service in hotel.
The rooms are very cold and when i say to reception girl with straight blond hair and ask for heater she say the weather is good and u should come in summer, now i very good weather for us.
Here there is no shampo no conditioner no slipper. Just one liquid for hair body and every thing.
I think it should be 2star hotel.

1  Thank Shahrzadm63
Reviewed 31 March 2018

By far the noisiest place I've ever stayed in, I was kept awake for hours by extremely loud electronic music from a club in the same building. The building was literally thumping until at least 3am.

This was not the only issue, the building and room were old fashioned and gloomy, few facilities and no communal space. Other rooms on the floor seemed to be used as offices and storage - probably a better idea then expecting people to sleep here.

I was due to stay for two nights but left after the first, booking another hotel at great expense, but it was worth it to get out of here. I wouldn't stay here again for free.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Mark L
Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

The room is very old fashioned (70s-80s style), not very clean. The fridge is locked, you need to get a key from the reception and give your credit card details in case you eat something (seriously now???). But the worst thing is the noise. You cannot imagine even in your worst nightmare. There is a night club on the ground floor of the same building where every day there is a live event. My experience was awful (Wednesday live metal band, Thursday Salsa night, Friday live hip hop rnb). The whole room is vibrating from the noise, you hear the crowd screaming as if it is outside of your doorstep till 2-3 a.m.! Horrible experience. I will never ever ever come back again. I hope there was a -5 stars to rate it. I would not stay even for free here again.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 77minasl
Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

Being in Zurich, I opted for a cheaper hotel so it wouldn't blow my budget. However I wish I had paid more to stay elsewhere. Hotel staff are lovely and it's about a 10min walk from the main city centre as train station. The cons are the rooms are dated and don't feel warming. The noise has to be the worst. You can hear the trams, cars, bell chimes and the club downstairs all night. I'm grateful I'm only here for tonight.

Date of stay: January 2018