“If you're coming to Zurich, you should definitely go here !”

Thermalbad & Spa Zurich
Ranked #3 of 129 Spas & Wellness in Zurich
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stairs / lift, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 11 January 2018

You can swim in hot water in the roof with Zurich view.. That is an amazing experience. I really loved there. 3 years ago the first time I went here.This year I went again. My skin was very good and smooth after Thermalbad.

1  Thank Nese G
in 5 reviews
"skyline"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 9 January 2018

+ The roof top pool with great views of Zürich city
+ Fresh
+ Café inside!

- It's just really three different pools u pay for (if u dont pay for roman bath) and one small room for feet bath.
- Women's changing rooms are too crowded and only four (!) fitting rooms for your privacy. These are constantly occupied meaning you have to stand in the big room to get in your swimsuit. Women who come from the entrance walk directly in to changing room area where naked women are undressing or dressing. Not fun at all!! It's just a piece of curtain shielding the corridor from the women changing room. Ppl put their jackets and shoes all over the changing room which does not feel very hygienic. Plus the shoes and jackets etc are taking up so much space it's hard to find a place where you can put your bag and belongings. They should definately install some kind of first room for your jackets and shoes and dont mix that with the place where people then change clothes.
-Only a few showers (5) and toilets (3) for women located on the same floor.
- Very crowded in the roof top pool
-Everywhere you look there are couples making out. No wonder they had to put up the "no sex in the pools"-sign.

6  Thank Jenny S
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

We loved the Magic Moments spa experience. My husband and I arrived at 9:30 am and checked in. From there we went to the lockers, changed then enjoyed the wooden pool area before going into the glass area. In this area we enjoyed the Roman bathes with various temperatures of water. My husband also had a steam bath. We then went to the room top outdoor infinity pool over looking the city. At 11:30 am out treatments started. We had a 50 minute peel massage then a 45 minute break where we enjoyed a snack that was included in our package. There is complimentary tea and water available or you can purchase others food and drink items too. At 1:15pm we had a chalk or mud body scrub (cover yourself in mud or chalk, sit in a steam room then shower off). 2:00pm we had an oil massage for 50 minutes. Each treatment was relaxing and peaceful. The masseuses were professional, thoughtful and spoke English. A note: my husband and I were in all the treatments together. For the massages you are naked but covered in towels. For the body scrub you are naked but in you own small stream room. We had female masseuses however I have been here before and had male masseuses. Very professional and mindful. This was a wonderful spa experience. The website is also in English. We had value for our money. There are many packages to select from or just come and enjoy the pools/Roman baths.

4  Thank chocolate1025
Reviewed 15 December 2017

My husband and I visited the Thermalbad & Spa on our last travel day in Switzerland. It was a bit hard to navigate for us from the main train station, but the people at the information desk at the train station were very helpful.

Once we got to the spa, we paid our 36 CHF for the spa pass + 4 CHF each to rent towels. I wish I would have remembered to back towels in our suitcases so we didn't have to spend the money on the rental. You can also rent robes for walking around if it will make you more comfortable. Once you pay, you get a bracelet that lets you into the spa. From there, you can go into a changing room to put on your swimsuit. There are lockers that you can rent for 2 CHF coin (SO MAKE SURE YOU BRING CHANGE WITH YOU), which is returned to you once you put the key back in the locker.

There are signs that there are no pictures allowed, so be prepared to put your phone/GoPro away.

We had access to indoor hot tubs, a meditation pool, a sauna and foot soak tubs all at the main level. However, the main attraction is the rooftop hottub on the 4th floor. We heard that the spa can get very busy at night, so we chose to go between 11 and 2-3ish. After about 3-4 hours we were very pruny and our bodies were ready to be done. The view from the roof was fantastic even in the daytime, but I wish I could have seen it at night.

We chose to go after a trip to the mountains, so it was great to relax our bodies on our last day before our flight home. It was very romantic, and I would definitely recommend going! Also, there were many, many couples here. Not very many people attending solo.

2  Thank Anne G
See more reviews
Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

Very interesting thermal spa in Zurich, close to Google Headquarter. Once it was an old brewery and now this new wellness center is a re-interpretation of ancient roman baths. Really amaxing the three indoor hot pools, you can relax in the whirlpool looking at the stone walls of this old brewery.....but the plus is the outdoor hot pool on the top where you can look at the skyline, great! Really wonderful at the sunset or at night, under a starry sky. Zurich is there...enjoy, relax and forget about TIME!
More information about Zurich, Lucerne, the Christmas markets and wellness center also in spa-advisor.blogspot.
Let's enjoy it!