All reviews spg gold old town within walking distance upgraded to a junior suite business district business trip business hotel front desk staff corner room two blocks minute walk quiet at night spent one night air conditioning staff was very friendly and helpful hotel is in a great location decent size
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights after traveling from Paris to Switzerland. Great location and great service. Rooms are spacious and offers the necessary amenities. Front Desk employees are very knowledgeable and always with a smile. I was celebrating my birthday and they sent me a bottle of wine to celebrate!!! :)

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
neuesschlossz, Manager at Sheraton Zurich Neues Schloss Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

Dear Tripadvisor member E R,
Thank you very much for your recent stay with us as well as for sharing a review here on Tripadvisor. How great to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we did meet your expectations. I shared your kind comments about our Front Desk employees already with the entire team and it is very appreciated. We are looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Zurich.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

I have slept in this hotel for three nights on April 2017.

PROS
- Areas is very central, so can be particularly convenient
- Concierge helpful and willing to help
- Breakfast is not top tier but quite fine
- Room was clean

CONS
- Biggest problem was the room noise of my room at 1st floor. Not sure why, but in the middle of the night (around 12AM), every night I heard a background noise lasting for several minutes (10?) coming probably from pipes. I am a hard-sleeper and very tired, yet I had some difficulties to get along with it
- Laundry service (external) is not very "swiss", e.g. not washing everything on public holidays or delivering shirts handed, instead of folded as specified (however concierge was helpful and proactive, and probably asked room cleaning to fold what was handed)
- Bathroom was a bit small, and without bidet. Slippers not present by default

Room Tip: Would avoid 112 or close because of the mentioned noise. Enroll to membership program for free wifi
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
neuesschlossz, Manager at Sheraton Zurich Neues Schloss Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Dear Tripadvisor member Andrea G,
Thank you very much for your recent stay with us as well as for sharing your review here on Tripadvisor. We highly appreciate your kind comments about our Front Office Team which have already been shared with the entire department. Unfortunately we were not able to meet your overall expectations what we deeply regret. Thank you for bringing the noise you heared at nightime to our attention what we did not noticed earlier. As one of our main goals is to offer our guests a great night sleep you may rest assured as we will investigate this further with our technician until the source is identified and the noise is eliminated. We are also very sorry that the shirts did not came back folded as requested. We will sort this out with our external laundry service in order to prevent this in future. For any upcoming stays we left already a note in your profile to make sure you find slippers in the room everytime. We would be very happy to welcome you back with us whenever your travels brings you back to Zurich.

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Wonderful accommodations, great location and very friendly, helpful staff. Rooms are comfortable and clean with nice amenities! If I return to Zurich this is where I would stay! Close to the lake, Bonhofstrasse for shopping and within walking distance of Old Zurich!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo

Dear Tripadvisor members Bob & Katsy H,
Thank you very much for your recent stay with us as well as for leaving a review here on Tripadvisor. It is great to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to meet your expectations. A special thank you for your kind feedback about our staff. I shared this already with the entire team and it is a great appreciation for every employee. We are looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Zurich.

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

I spent one night at this hotel. My very first and last.
The hotel was way over priced and expensive for what you get.
The room was ok and I was upgraded to their executive room.
The air conditioning was not working and hence the room was very hot.
Although I opened the window it was still extremely hot in the room.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
neuesschlossz, Manager at Sheraton Zurich Neues Schloss Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2017

Dear Tripadvisor member Mike D,
We would like to thank you for your recent stay with us as well as for sharing your experience here on Tripadvisor. We regret that you felt that the hotel is overprized and too expensive for what you get as we always are compareable to other down town located hotels and offer a very personalized and warm service throughout the entire hotel. We are sorry that your room was too hot. It was particulary the time when the temperatures rised from one day to the other and our AC system needs some hours to adjust. As it is an isolated problem please be assured that this will not happen again in the future. We would be very delighted if you would visit us again in order to give us another chance to exceed your expectations.
Thank you again and kindest regards from Zurich.

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

I have a gold SPG card, that's why I decided to stay at that hotel hoping to receive better service. Weeks before arrival, I wrote to hotel asking to give me a room at 12am because I had just one day in the city and wanted to put some valuables to room safe and start walking around, I arrived even at 1pm but they didn't give me a room ignoring my gold card and request. They told me hotel was fully booked, on Saturday? So I had to go around the city with heavy bag because I didn't want to leave it on reception (it was with valuables). In spite we booked a room for 2 persons, we found only one bathrobe and one slippers.
That hotel spoiled my day at Zurich, never choose it again, and I ll try to avoid SPG, better take radisson blu or intercontinental.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
neuesschlossz, Manager at Sheraton Zurich Neues Schloss Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2017

Dear Tripadvisor member Vladimir Z,
we would like to thank you for your stay with us as well as for sharing a review here on Tripadvisor. We regret that you were not satisfied with your stay with us due to the situation that your room was not available before the guaranteed check in time of 3.00pm. On this particular weekend it was indeed the fact, that we were fully booked due to a function in the near by located Kongresshaus. We had a large group staying with us and had only a few check ins and check outs on that day. We always try to comply our guest requests in terms of early check in or late check out times as best as we can but if the room is physical not available we offer to hold luggage of our guests or store valuable items in one of our safety deposit boxes until the room becomes available. We regret that this fact did spoil your day in Zurich but as this was an isolated situation on one particular day we still hope you will continue your patronage with Sheraton Hotels and Resorts. Nevertheless we would be very happy to welcoming you back in order to leave another impression of the Sheraton Zurich Neues Schloss Hotel.
Thank you again and best regards from Zurich.