All reviews industrial area the executive lounge train station techno park separate toilet business area zurich west family vacation modern hotel high floor river cruise business traveler number tram city centre main station old town excellent hotel
Reviewed 17 October 2017

The rooms were nice, the breakfast was delicious and for the most part the front desk service was fine. A couple of complaints; the rooms had hardwood floors and it didn't appear that they'd been cleaned in awhile. My socks were filthy just walking around the room for awhile. Also, I was having trouble with my smartphone and I requested the front desk call and confirm that my car was picking me up the next day to travel to the airport. The front desk clerk made it clear that since we didn't book the car with them they can't get involved in the confirmation, even though I had the information printed out. She handed me the phone and told me I had to do it myself. I was somewhat offended; I wasn't staying in their hotel for free and had a rather pricey room, I didn't see the issue with her making that call for me. The lobby wasn't crowded at all.

Room tip: The hotel is in a quiet area so no worries about that; there will not be a view no matter which side of the building you're on.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RenZurichTower, Manager at Renaissance Zurich Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear kitchenwitch825,

First of all, thank you so much for choosing Renaissance Zurich Tower Hotel as your base for discovering Zürich. I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your impressions with the tripadvisor community.

Two points caught my attention. Firstly, as the cleanliness of our hotel is a key priority, I am very sorry that your guestroom fell short of your expectations. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the housekeeping team in an effort to improve our service.

Secondly, I am concerned reading your remarks regarding the transfer. I asked myself if we could have done better and my answer is a quick and easy 'yes'. Surely, we should have been able to make such phone call on your behalf.

For both of the above, please accept my most sincere apologies.

Thank you again for keeping us on our toes. I do hope you choose to stay with us whenever your travels bring you back to Zurich. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Warmest regards,
Jens

JENS LEHMKÜHLER | ROOMS OPERATIONS MANAGER
Renaissance Zurich Tower Hotel | Turbinenstrasse 20, 8005 Zurich, Switzerland
T +41 44 630 30 30 F +41 44 630 33 33
Renaissance Hotels. Live Life to Discover.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

We have just returned from a weekend at this hotel.
I was extremely impressed by the friendliness and helpfulness of the lady who checked us in. She literally couldn't of been more helpful, advising us the best ways to get around and what to see and do.
We stayed on the 15th floor, the room was spacious, comfortable and clean. I'm not sure if they have recently renovate, but I'm pretty sure even the hair dryer was brand new.
The hotel is a little out of the main town. Which was not a problem for us. You are literally right next to the a tram stop and about 5 minutes from the train station, both take your straight into the central part of Zurich in no time at all.
I would not hesitate to return to this hotel!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelleneale
Reviewed 14 October 2017

Standard disclaimer: I hate to travel. I Hate to travel. I HATE to travel. I only do it if there is a gun to my head, a bullet in every chamber, and the hammer is cocked. I'm not all that keen on people who like to travel either. After having avoided it pretty much for the past 32 years I have been married, I finally ran out of good excuses and body parts that were already fixed or replaced and agreed that I'd come to Europe with my wife. She wanted to go on a Viking river cruise and let me pick the cruise. Never having been here, my choice was to see as many big cities as possible, so I selected the Paris to Basel trip (starting the reverse route), up the Rhine and Moselle Rivers.

Despite a number of advanced degrees, all I know about Europe consists of what I saw in the Jason Bourne series of films. Not knowing Zurich at all, I have no idea where we are in relation to the city or the airport. It looks like we are in an office park of some kind. My wife and I are jet-lagged, as are many other attendees in the Viking cruise group (by the way, I hate touring in groups too......too many older people, even though I am one of them).

Usual check in time at the hotel is 3pm. Our group was bussed over from the airport and many were tired, so the hotel staff did a rush job to accommodate getting us into rooms early. The rush was apparent in a few "dust bunnies" in the corners of the floor between the wall and floor. The room is very long and rather large. I believe we have 2 queen size beds in our room, along with a swivel chair, leather sofa, and desk. Bedding was clean and soft to the touch. Floors are wood and the window is floor to ceiling. No idea what our view is of. Not picturesque, or I'd have included one.

What we were not aware of when we checked in was how to work the elevator. It seems one has to put their room key in contact with an oblong box under the elevator keys for a second or two, and then push the button of the floor one wants to go to. There is a more subtle nuance in the room too, namely the bathroom/commode lights and lights over the bed are also controlled the the same key. The key gets inserted in a slot by the commode room and that slot has a blue light on it. Inserting the key turns on all the lights. Pulling the key out turns off the lights.

I've been told everything is expensive in Zurich and my wife hasn't told me how much was spent on the room through Viking River Cruises. So far, I like the room, I like how quiet it is, and am sorry we are only here 2 nights before a bus ride to Basel to get on the river boat. We have numerous Marriott properties back home, and they are such that we know what to expect when we stay in one.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stu T
Reviewed 11 October 2017

I was hoping to start my vacation in Switzerland off with a bang at the Renaissance Zurich but, I was left with a bad taste in my mouth. I stayed in a family room that belongs in a budget hotel. The paint was lackluster, the separate bathroom and toilet was inconvenient as the toilet room made me claustrophobic; it also lacked adequate ventilation. Also, the tub in the bathroom was too high for entry and exit. The beds were comfortable and the staff was friendly. Those are probably the only two redeeming features. Maybe they don't pay attention to the family rooms as they do to their other rooms. Nevertheless, I wasn't expecting this at a Marriott establishment.

Room tip: don't book the family room
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
RenZurichTower, Manager at Renaissance Zurich Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Dear J P,

Thank you for choosing Renaissance Zurich Tower Hotel for your recent stay in town. I truly appreciate your open and honest feedback and would like to offer my sincere apologies that our hotel did not meet your expectations.

If you do not mind, please may I ask you to send me more details about your stay in a PM. I am concerned that there are maintenance issues in one of our Family Rooms that requires our attention.

Again, I am truly sorry you were not satisfied with your stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me in case you return to Zurich. I would love to show you that we can indeed do it much better.

Very best regards,
Jens

JENS LEHMKÜHLER | ROOMS OPERATIONS MANAGER
Renaissance Zurich Tower Hotel | Turbinenstrasse 20, 8005 Zurich, Switzerland
T +41 44 630 30 30 F +41 44 630 33 33
Renaissance Hotels. Live Life to Discover.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

This is a nice property in the middle of an office park. The rooms are spacious and overall everything is relatively new. The hotel is not in the city center, but it is walk-able and a tram is nearby to take you in/around the city. Also, some fun residential neighborhoods are easily walk-able from here (i.e., Technopark.)

Trip type: Travelled as a couple