The Dolder Grand
Hotel Alexander(Zurich)
USD 182*
USD 158*
  • Breakfast included
Bristol Hotel Zurich(Zurich)(Great Value!)
USD 183*
USD 163*
Travelocity
USD 223*
USD 145*
1,133 results
All reviewsspa wingsnow roomart collectionnew wingoutdoor jacuzzihigh techamazing sparemote controlamazing hoteljunior suiteconcierge servicemain buildingsteam roomfavorite hotelzurich lakemodern roomscity centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 November 2011

If you go to Zurich - it really is worth staying in this hotel. The rooms are amazing and very technology advanced. The spa is simply the best. I've spent many of Sundays getting treatments at their spa or swimming in their amazing pool. The food is always fantastic there. The staff are amazing and really helpful. The hotel is not in the center of town, but it's easy to commute in with either a taxi, their very cool vintage bus, or with public transport. It's hard to imagine that would be disappointed by staying here.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Managing_DirectorTDR, Manager at The Dolder Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2011

Dear Ms JSPrima

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this detailed and marvellous review and for staying with us at the Dolder Grand. We are delighted to gain such recognition for our product and especially for our staff.

We look forward to your return with us in the near future.

Reviewed 1 November 2011

A friend took me here to show me how beautiful this hotel is. As one might expect we ended up at the bar. Superb bar tender beautiful decoration and great company. Smashing experience!!!

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 31 October 2011

What a wonderful hotel overlooking Zurich. The hotel provides a minibus down to the city on the hour and back on the half hour.
Very pricey, but if you want to treat yourself definitely worth it.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank provi
Managing_DirectorTDR, Manager at The Dolder Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2011

Dear provi

Thank you for your recent stay at the Dolder Grand and for the expressive headline.

We are happy to hear that you could spend some enjoyable moments with us and look forward to your return visit in the near future.

Best regards

Reviewed 28 October 2011

My 16 year old daughter spent two nights here in July before returning to the states after a 30 trip. After staying in 4 and 5 star hotels I must say I am leaning toward 4 stars from now on. The hotel is lovely, the room was very large and modern and the bathroom was beautiful but the prices were outrageous even for Zurich. We had dinner in the more casual dining room both nights and the food was very good but expensive. The shuttle to town was nice but at this price I expected it to run more than once an hour.
HOWEVER, the spa is worth the splurge. I have been in many spas all over the world and this one ranks up there with the best. Treatments were nothing special but the main areas were worth the prices. Fabulous outdoor pool and spa overlooking the city. Large indoor lap pool, plunge pools, room with snow - yes snow...I could go on and on. We spent 5 hours there one dreary rainy day and it was fabulous. Next time in Zurich I will probably stay somewhere in town but plan a day at the spa.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Managing_DirectorTDR, Manager at The Dolder Grand, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2011

Dear MissMagPie

Thank you for staying at the Dolder Grand and for your positive remarks.

We are happy to learn that you and your daughter appreciated the time spent with us and had a pleasant and beneficial spa experience. We make every effort to continuously improve the quality and variety of our products and services in order to offer even better value and satisfaction.

We look forward to welcoming you and your daughter back at the Dolder Grand.

Reviewed 19 October 2011

I stayed at the Dolder Grand this past September and I have to agree with what my limo driver told me on the way up the hills above Zurich to the hotel. He said everyone refers to the place as the fairy tale castle and it sure feels like that as you pull up to the front door. The view from the hotel is stunning and worth the stay for that alone. Through the lush trees the city of Zurich opens up before your eyes.

The Dolder Grand is really like two hotels in one. An old beautiful classic castle of a building basically enwrapped by a sleek crisp lined modern building. I stayed in a tiny room in the ‘old’ building. The room had a sterile clean feel to it as sometimes older places that have been retrofitted with sleek modern features sometimes get. The juxtaposition of older style floors and sky high tall ceilings against the modern furnishings of my room is a theme followed throughout the hotel. I personally like either a little bit more lush a room or a straight forward modern feel but it is hard to find fault with what I had.

Truth is, my room was very nice and typical in size for an older European hotel. I would have expected a much more comfortable bed in this level of hotel. I had no problems with check in and out. I was walked to my room and all the features/ amenities were carefully explained to me from the single touch light/TV/environment controller to multi nozzle shower. I thought my room was fine until I saw the traveler photos here from other guests and saw how much nicer other rooms were. Ask to see a few rooms before you check in, there are obviously some very big differences from one to the other in space, decorations, and view!

Aside from a late night drink in the bar, I did not use any of the many services available in the hotel, although I did take a late night stroll around the grounds. There is art in many corners of the new buildings and I enjoyed stumbling upon the different pieces. I was surprised by the show cases featuring high end products from local stores for sale in one of the main halls; it seemed a little tacky. I also will agree with the woman who complained about the designers. Some of the ‘modern’ art is questionable in the older parts of the building and just seems out of place and incongruent. It would have seemed wiser to leave either the old part old with the new part new or just stick to one style throughout.

I was also surprised that while walking around at 1:00AM I saw no employees but did encounter several somewhat rowdy 20 year olds running around the lobby and grounds. A few helped themselves to stuff behind the counters at the valet stand and concierge desk. I never felt unsafe, but was surprised that there was virtually no one keeping an eye on things.
All in all though, this hotel really is a special place and I would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Dear MrDVMP

Thank you for being our guest and for sharing your views of the Dolder Grand.

We appreciate your positive overall conclusion of your stay with us and your helpful suggestions on our operations.

Concerning the circumstances you came across during the night, we agree with you that this is unacceptable and wish to apologize for the bad impression this may have left. Please be assured that we have taken the necessary measures and discussed this issue thoroughly with our night team.

We truly hope to welcome you back at the Dolder Grand soon and have the opportunity to show you the variety of our facilities to make you spend your time in the most comfortable setting.