“Top service, excellent sushi”
Review of Kai Sushi Oerlikon

Kai Sushi Oerlikon
Ranked #357 of 2,085 Restaurants in Zurich
Price range: USD 25 - USD 100
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

We came for a business lunch to this sushi restaurant in the heart of Oerlikon.

Die to the great weather we decided against the Kaiten inside and took a seat outside.

All service personnel was very friendly and helpful.

Starters, sushi, sashimi and desserts tasted great and were freshly made.

The menu and choices were overwhelming so we definitely will return to check all the other great offerings.

2  Thank FrankGeisler

Reviewed 4 August 2017

Ok... I waited one day with a completely calm attitude to strike with this review. Yesterday I picked some sushi from the place in a late hour to go. there were other 2 people waiting to get their sushi as well. The blond pissed off waiter was not aware I was watching him from outside while LICKING HIS FINGERS ON PURPOSE after each time he was putting sushi pieces inside the boxes. You would get fired also in a fast food dude. I am sorry that I wasted the money and threw away each piece but I had to write this review because you damn deserve it. You will never ever see my face again.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

This is a good Japanese restaurant. It has a good selection of sushi and sashimi. In this case, I went for the puréed aubergine, which was on a par if not slightly better than what I have experienced elsewhere. The second plate was sashimi of scallops, which was also good. Price-wise; this is Zurich and Japanese, both of which carry a price premium. Having said that; at a little over CHF 30 for two plates of well-presented and tasty food, this was quite good.

KaiSushi, Manager at Kai Sushi Oerlikon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear Jens L,
Thank you very much for sharing your impressions and your experience at Kai Sushi. With great pleasure we read your positive feedback about the food and engaging service.
Thank you again for recommending us. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Kind regards, your Kai Sushi Team

Reviewed 4 March 2017

As I was staying at the Courtyard Hotel nearby, I did visit for dinner. I was nicely pleased with dinner and the restaurant. For a beverage, I had a Japanese wheat beer which was quite comparable to local wheat beers. For dinner, I had the miso soup and the sushi sampler plate. The sampler plate had 10 pieces of sushi - all quite good and filling. The restaurant played some jazzy compositions of American classic pop music - which I really enjoyed, rather than sometimes very standard background fare. My server was attentive. Nicely, the server spoke English and the menu, for me, was in English.

Dear James W
Thanks for visiting us and for taking the time to write this lovely review! Your wonderful words regarding our friendly staff, the service quality and the environment are much appreciated. It was a pleasure to having you with us and we are looking forward to welcome you back again.
Kind regards, your Kai Sushi Team

Reviewed 16 February 2017

Good selection of well-prepared sushi. Good quality of the ingredients and solicitous staff. They also offer take away and sushi courses.