All reviews train station lake geneva wooden floors old world charm hot water central location continental breakfast first floor old style charming hotel faded glory beds were very comfortable mini bar riviera card nice stay chillon castle few minutes walk
Reviewed 22 July 2017

The hotel has only one advantage - Location and friendly staff. The building is very old. While was having shower in the bathroom, suddenly soo many cockroaches appeared, hardly keep myself not to scream.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

While the property is in a great location, it is located on a main road which is rather noisy with buses travelling from 6 am till 2 am at night-if you travel in the summer and need to open your windows (many swiss hotels do not have A/C). I am not sure why they have a sink in the bedroom? The staff is helpful.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

We had a nice stay here! This is my kind of hotel: old with a bit of run down charm but clean and friendly. It's the kind of hotel where you can feel and see the hotels history. The staff were very helpful and when we had some booking complications, they upgraded our room to a huge room with lake view. It's about a 10min walk from the train station and 5mins from the lake.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thurisutter
Reviewed 12 June 2017

Old hotel along a busy road. Lots of noisy traffic so expect noise up to 9pm right outside your window. Layout and furnishings are dated, but the basics are there: free wifi, TV, breakfast. Breakfast was nice with good wait staff. Hair-dryer was not working, and the front-desk could not replace it, so be prepared. Family room was big, cosy and comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank kengster
Reviewed 8 June 2017

I had the misfortune to be booked in here for 2 nights as part of a travel programme. Room with peeling paint on the doors and skirting, filthy tiles in the bathroom, creaking floors, rusty railings round the balcony, from which no one had cleaned the bird droppings and rusted shutters with slats missing!. If I had walked in here with my own booking I would have quickly walked out. They were unable to provide a kettle in the room (I might well not have plugged it in anyway as I didn't entirely trust the electrics). They seemed not to understand half- board - we were first told "anything from the menu" then informed that was not correct and that our choice was limited. One of the managers that I spoke to admitted that "we are not really a half-board hotel" . All the effort seems to go into the Brasserie and very little into the hotel behind it. Some might find this a quaint old-fashioned place to saty - my word would be "dilapidated"

Stayed: May 2017