Lowest prices for your stay
AU$375
Breakfast included
Hotels.com
Agoda.com
AU$339
Easy and fast booking
All reviews the staff was friendly and helpful hotel is located minute walk from the train station first floor breakfast was excellent cereal cheese matterhorn view wardrobe ski
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 December 2012

My wife and I stayed in Zermatt for one night as part of our honeymoon trip. Since it's my first time in the country, I was still excited over the winter season to look over the little gripes that some travelers would have about the hotel.

1. The hotel is quite a walk from the train station. I had a heavy army backpack and a roller suitcase that I pulled through the snow. The slope off the main street up to the hotel is quite a challenge, I was practically sweating in my winter coat! But if it's your first time in Zermatt, it's a nice orientation around the area to dispel those "how far can we walk in this town?" feelings. But if you are traveling with the elderly, please take a taxi. The hills are a little steep and icy in the winter.

NOTE: If you're checking out but still want to explore the town after, the hotel staff will suggest to keep your luggage with them until you're ready to leave Zermatt. But maybe you wouldn't want to go back up that slope so if you have some money to spare (CHF5 a bag to be exact), you can leave your bags at the train station. They have a dedicated luggage drop area.

2. Yes, the hotel is tiny! I didn't think about it beforehand but when I reached the hotel I said to myself "How am I gonna lug our luggage up the stairs in this dinky place?" Fear not, because there is a lift. A le petite lift. But it works so that's all that matters!

3. I liked the room that we were assigned to, it's all a matter of perspective really: I like small rooms because it prevents me from leaving a big mess. A lot of channels on the tv to surf through, toilet is renovated so it looks amazing (I wouldn't mind an old sleeping area but toilet I would like modern facilities please!). Our room overlooked the school so you can catch the youths outside during recess and observe the social cliques to be reminded of your own teenage years.

4. Breakfast was nice, pretty basic but a good spread: bread (toasted or not), coffee/tea/orange juice/grapefruit juice/water, jams, butter, eggs, fruits, yogurt, cold cuts and cereal. Everything was stocked to cater to the visitors staying in the hotel, enough to keep you alive till lunch time. They cannot provide you with an electric kettle in the room (we try to budget by eating instant noodles) but they are more than welcome to boil water for you down at the eating area if you need it.

All in all we had a good experience here, even though it was just for one night. A very nice place to see almost everything in Zermatt just by walking to the hotel!

Date of stay: December 2012
3  Thank heyzahir
Reviewed 10 December 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on the 3rd December 2012 for 3 nights. We had a double room on the 2nd floor and we were pre warned that the hotel was small but I was surprised as our room was a reasonable size and very clean. The bathroom was new, very clean and functional.
The breakfast was basic but there was something for everybody and you won't go hungry!
The staff were friendly and really helpful telling us which ski lifts and runs were open each morning. It was nice that they took time to chat to you and tell you good places for evening meals.
I would advise you need a taxi from the train station with your bags as its uphill and not easy in the snow!
Thank you for a lovely stay!

Date of stay: December 2012
1  Thank mholley222000
Reviewed 3 December 2012

We stayed three nights in this small hotel (hence its name) a short walk from the main train station in Zermatt. I found it slightly tricky to get to as this hotel is two turns off the main street. I also arrived late and it was dark and snowing heavily. There is a hotel directory and map at the train station where the trains come to a halt which I found extremely helpful. Check in was prompt and the receptionist was very friendly. Our room did not have direct views of the Matterhorn but gave us a good view of the village as the hotel is situated on a slope. It was not a large room by any standards but was very modern, comfortable, warm and most importantly, clean! The bathroom had also clearly been recently refurbished to high specifications. Breakfast was a decent spread of the usual fruits, muesli, cereal, bread and cheese which were enough to keep us full till lunchtime. The cable car to the Matterhorn is a comfortable 10-15 minute stroll away, and there are many restaurants and shops on the main street. Don't forget to top deck of this hotel for an amazing view of the Matterhorn and Zermatt village! Overall a comfrotable, fuss-free stay which was well worth the price paid, especially considering the exorbitant prices of hotel accommodation in Zermatt. I would definitely stay here again!

Reviewed 23 November 2012

This little cosy hotel is situated very near to the train station and the center of Zermatt, close to the church and near the ski slopes.
Price is just perfect. The reception service is fine and very kind and helpfull for informations.
The room is very clean and the bathroom just refurbished and nice.
There is a balcony on the top of the building with a very beatiful view to Matterhorn Cervino.
there is a very good breakfast too.

Reviewed 16 November 2012

We had a nice stay. Since we had to leave very early in the morning before the breakfast opening time, it was very nice of the hotel staff to arrange us breakfast boxes to carry with us. Only the room was a bit cozy otherwise internet, staff, WiFi, cleanliness, and breakfast were quite satisfactory.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com