All reviews sister hotel front office staff within walking distance nespresso coffee machine ski lockers skiing trip sitting room the main street julen family wonderful hotel train station swiss style electric vehicle course meal mini bar breakfast was delicious raclette
Reviewed 21 August 2018

We stayed in this hotel for our three nights in Zermatt and had a wonderful time. The staff is so friendly and communicated very well in English. The food at the place was also great; they put out an amazing breakfast every morning that offered just about everything you could want. Also, our room had a balcony that presented a stunning view of the Matterhorn. It could not have been any more dramatic. They also had a very convenient shuttle bus that took us to and from the train station. All told, this was a great find and we loved staying there.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2018

Hotel Daniela is the best Hotel I have ever stayed in! The customer service was fantastic! It started before our arrival with a friendly personal email. At arrival I felt I was a family friend who they were looking forward to seeing. To our surprise we were upgraded to their best room: the alpine roof suite! Whenever they can, they like to treat their guests. Truly we felt like royalty in the alpine roof suite! I will be disappointed with any other hotel now I have experienced this suite: it is situated on 2 levels with views on either side of the hotel and with 2 balconies both overlooking the Matterhorn.
The whole hotel is newly refurbished and the rooms are decorated in the most stylish decor. I wanted to buy one of their beautiful woollen blankets which they sell but these were out of stock with a 1 year waiting list. The hotel was super clean and super comfortable. All the hotel staff were friendly and efficient and ready to help their guests at any time. The breakfast was good quality and a lot of variety. We stayed 8 nights in Switzerland from which 3 nights in Hotel Daniela. If I would do this trip again I would stay most my nights in the amazing Hotel Daniela and the enchanting village of Zermatt.
Dear Hotel Daniela, thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving us such a wonderful time in your beautiful Hotel! Mrs JC Van Der Schoot

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2018

My partner and I booked Hotel Daniela for a two night stay in August 2018. The hotel is great, the hotel representatives give an incredible, friendly, customer driven experience. Our stay included a fantastic dinner our first night and a thorough, quality buffet breakfast each morning. The hotel is conveniently located near all of the local shopping and within walking distance of the trains and lifts.

The reason I didn't give the hotel a 5 star review is that our bed was VERY, VERY stiff and you can hear pretty much everything/everyone around you.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2018

We used a travel consultant to put together part of our Europe vacation. We stayed at the Hotel Daniela in Zermatt and were amazed by the outstanding customer service how comfortable the accommodations were! We stayed for 3 days and hated to leave. So friendly and helpful!! Thank you Hotel Daniela, we'll be back!

Room Tip: VIew of the Matterhorn from our room was AWESOME!!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Familie-Julen, Inhaber at Hotel Daniela, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Thank you very much for the great review.
It was a pleasure to host you at the HOTEL DANIELA and we would be very happy to welcome you again.
We wish you all the best and huge regards from us and the Matterhorn :-)
HOTEL DANIELA TEAM

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

The Daniela is a fantastic hotel. It’s a short walk from the station, but in a quiet part of the village, so away from the Main Street which can get quite crowded when all the day trippers are in.

The staff are amazing and so friendly and helpful. The room I had was lovely, with a balcony that looked out over the other side to the Matterhorn. It was great to be able to sit out in the morning and see the early morning sun. Breakfast was great, a huge selection of cheese and meat, and some hot options for those that want them.

I booked half board and the five course meal in the Julien was amazing. There was a great choice each night and if you didn’t fancy anything on the menu you can have fondue or raclette, or have a credit to use on the a la carte menu.

There was even a rucksack available to borrow during your stay, a lovely touch. I will certainly be returning to the Daniela next time I’m in Zermatt.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Familie-Julen, Manager at Hotel Daniela, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear Family

Thank you very much for taking time and giving us such a great feedback.:-)

We are always happy to hear how much our guests appreciate our hotel with its specials and staff.

We hope to welcome you again here with us at the HOTEL DANIELA.

Best regards from the Matterhorn and from all of us.
HOTEL DANIELA