“Amazing flying and scenery!”
Review of Air Zermatt

Air Zermatt
Ranked #2 of 16 Tours in Zermatt
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The helicopter company Air Zermatt provides transport and rescue services for the Zermatt-Matterhorn destination. It also offers all kinds of adventures for visitors – such as sightseeing flights around the Matterhorn. Air Zermatt was founded in 1965. Its fleet includes ultra-modern helicopters, individually equipped according to use. Modern mountain rescue owes its existence to Air Zermatt. Equipment and techniques such as longline (rescues from cliff faces) and tripod (rescues from glacier crevasses) were developed and refined here. •Sightseeing flights •Heli-skiing •Supply of provisions for mountain refuges •Transport for construction projects in the mountains and in resort •Forestry work on the mountain slopes •Rescues •Transfers to hospitals and specialist clinics •Airport transfers (Zurich, Bern, Geneva, Sion, etc.) •Guided tours of the heliport (for groups) •Observation bench by the heliport (on the Zermatt–Tasch footpath)
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I did the flying for my birthday, and it was the best gift ever! The flying was amazing, getting a close view on the glaciers, and then, suddenly the breathtaking view of Matterhorn !!!!

2  Thank Crio2046
"weather"
"matterhorn"
in 35 reviews

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Should we do it?? The kids and I discussed every possible tourist excursions to do while we were in Zermatt, Switzerland last March 2017 ( forgive the lateness, but this experience deserved a review ). We weighed prices and eliminated ones we didn’t have time for. The Price for 3 was more than I wanted to pay, but I figured we would be sorry if we didn’t do it. Sadly, The weather was overcast and none of the helicopters were doing excursions that day. We starting looking at other options. Like hiking. Feet safely on the ground. Fine with me. We stayed at the Matterhorn Focus Hotel and they were amazing and handled everything. At the last second, they got a call from Air Zermatt, saying the cloud cover had broken and they could fit us in, but we had to rush over. It was happening. Inches from a clean getaway. I couldn’t tell the kids I was scared to death to do it. I mean, what could happen? We are in Switzerland and the Swiss are 101% on their game all the time. And that is exactly what we found to be true!!
The helicopter flight started ‘on the minute’ ( I mean, it’s the Swiss, right?) and were beyond courteous and professional for the entire experience! Complete with this beautiful shiny, red helicopter and all of the professional and highly experienced pilots all in a row helping us on board and getting the headsets in place, we ascended into a 20 minute ( it was longer. Thank you ) surreal experience that NO ONE should miss. In college, I railed from Rome to Zurich in the hope to get a glance at the massive Matterhorn, not realizing the train arrived in Zermatt at midnight and I couldn’t see a thing. 35 long years of waiting, and now I was Soaring... yep...and gliding all around Matterhorn and other Alps. I won’t lie to you. I’m a baby and was visibly shaking and afraid to breathe. Desperately afraid of heights. And Afraid I’d made the wrong choice to do this and now it was too late...I was looking down on the TEENY TINY Swiss Alps! I was feeling so scared I just clenched my eyes shut for the first 10 minutes. The pilot noticed and was so unbelievably kind and was talking to me and telling me about all his experience and how I shouldn’t be scared and I should open my eyes and look at the beauty. Because of his professionalism, I did open my eyes and trusted exactly what he said. I felt the fear just float out of me and the beauty in. This was amazing! I absolutely recommend this exhilarating once in a lifetime experience and Air Zermatt Is a well experienced and highly professional company. I would love to return to the beautiful village of Zermatt, Switzerland and this time I will
open my eyes...

3  Thank PommiMommi
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Zermatt and the Matterhorn are very special. One can get a closer look at the Matterhorn with the 20 minute flight from Air Zermatt.

Conditions permitting it is also possible to have the helicopter drop you on the border with Italy, you will have clear trackless pistes for many kilometres.

This is definitively a must do.

Remember passports and Euro’s! Cervinia restaurants make a pleasant change from the Swiss side. Great Italian food, unbelievably reasonable vino and Italian hot chocolate, which seems to refuse to cross the border. Not many things can be improved in Switzerland, but adopting Italian got chocolate would be one.

1  Thank Mark H
Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

I spent the Christmas weekend in Zermatt and gave myself the extra treat of a 20 minute helicopter flight to and around the Matterhorn. The pilot was great and the flight and views amazing and definitely worth it.

The downside was that the father of the family who I had been grouped with wished to film everything using a selfie-stick, meaning I had his mobile phone stuck in my view a good portion of the time, even after I asked him to be more considerate AND after the pilot warned him of the danger of accidentally flipping the Start switch above our heads. Selfie sticks shouldn't be allowed in such a confined space or if it is, for a couple of selfies only, not for giving the passenger's phone a "front row seat" throughout the flight. This put a damper on my trip.

2  Thank Ronel S