All reviews horse drawn carriage ice room ski concierge concierge team pillow menu train station glass ceiling welcome drink five star hotel fondue restaurant ski room middle of town church bells breakfast buffet piano player turn down service cheese fondue
Reviewed 27 September 2018

This hotel is exactly what every traveller could ask for. The rooms are spacious and of a very high standard. Clean, tidy and well equipped. The views of the Matterhorn are breath taking. The staff are of the highest quality. Friendly, helpful and very welcoming. A return trip is a must.

Room Tip: Book a room at the front of teh hotel for a daily view of the Matterhorn. Breath taking.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2018

We had the Matterhorn Suite and it was superb. Breakfast was outstanding. Bar was fun and we also enjoyed Say Cheese for dinner. Lydia was terrific at check in and helped us throughout our stay. The transfers in the carriage were memorable.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2018

All the rooms were, beautifully furnished, clean and had everything that you could require during your stay. The food in the hotel restaurants was excellent and the staff couldn't have been more polite and friendly.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2018

I stayed for 6 nights, the hotel equipment and the service were very good. Breakfast was wonderful and staff was very helpful. It is very impressive, I will come back again. Thanks for Grand Hotel Zermatterhof, you gave me a wonderful journey memories.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank wang-jacky
Reviewed 18 September 2018

The first sight of the hotel looks exactly like a place straight out of your fairy tale books. The exterior view with the snow capped mountains in the background, a quaint church on one side and clear views of the Gorgeous Matterhorn from the entrance makes everything more magical. This hotel echos both, the magic that is Switzerland and wonderful Swiss hospitality.

The location of the hotel is right at the Centre of everything. It is located within a distance of 3~4 minutes walk from the Zermatt Railway Station. There are plenty of Restaurants, Bars, Cafés within 2 to 3 minutes of walk from the hotel. The hotel is again a couple of minutes walk from Stationary Stores, Super markets, Pharmacies, Gift shops and plenty of shopping. In terms of location you surely cannot ask for more. Even the Matterhorn Glacier Paradise cable car station was a 20 minutes walk along a happy winding river from the hotel. The Iconic Matterhorn is the most important attraction here.

You will realize how impeccable their service is the moment you put foot into Zermatt. They have free pick up service from the Zermatt railway station in either a horse drawn carriage or a battery car. Just inform them 30 minutes prior to your arrival in Zermatt. Our Check In was done by a very professional,ever smiling and well informed lady named Jazmin. We were ushered into their outdoor restaurant Brasserie Lusi & Lounge for a free welcome drink and a delicious local dish called Flammkuchen Lorraine.

We were upgraded to a nice room, which was big, very well appointed, clean and with spectacular views. There were Swiss Chocolates to welcome us into the room and everyday one was left on the night stand by someone from turn down service. They also give two complimentary large bottles of still and sparkling water every day. We were informed that the mini bar was free except alcoholic beverages and snacks.

I have stayed in some of the finest 5 star hotels in the world and even a seven star hotel and service is what both me and my husband look for in any hotel. This hotel has the best employees . They were courteous, went out of their way to make us comfortable and helped us with information whenever we asked for it. They all speak English fluently and are extremely nice. I want to mention some names here. Franz from reception helped me in my search for the finest Swiss Cuisine that Zermatt has to offer. I am a culinary blogger and had done good research before coming. Franz’s knowledge about local cuisine was very good. He even got us a reservation at a very popular Restaurant. Lydia guided us perfectly making our trip to the Matterhorn Glacier Paradise seamless and delightful. Benjamin who grew up in this region also helped with lots of information and guided us for our day trip to Montreux. Last but not the least we were greeted by Peter everyday at breakfast. When I asked for some information about the Swiss Meusli he was gracious enough to take a printout, highlight the relevant information and give it to me. Truly an example of outstanding service.

In room dining is quick, quality of food and drinks served here in all their restaurants and in room is of admirable quality. We did not get an opportunity to try their Gymnasium and Spa in our short three nights trip, but will next time for sure.

I was recommended this hotel by a co blogger and I thank her while recommending this hotel strongly to everyone reading this review.

Please note this is not a sponsored post.

Room Tip: My room number was 324.Room was large,had lots of natural light,a beautiful balcony with spectacular view,was sound proof.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple