“Best place in Zermatt :-)”
The living room and balcony beyond
The Zayetta apartment building, number 54 is on the 5th floor. Summer view looking over the rooftops of Zermatt from the sitting room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
The living room and balcony beyond
The Zayetta apartment building, number 54 is on the 5th floor.
Summer view looking over the rooftops of Zermatt from the sitting room
Living room dining area
Master bedroom, looking into bathroom
Master bedroom, looking out from bathroom.
Twin bedroom with large sofa
Small double bedroom which can have an extra full size single bed above often used for children.
The kitchen
A bath to soak overworked limbs!
Winter view from Zayetta, looking down from the bedroom window.
Celebrating after a magical day skiing.
Zayetta 54 in the Summer - facing our balcony on the 5th floor.
Old Zermatt - a five minute stroll from Zayetta
The high peaks of Zermatt and the Matterhorn.
Summer walking below the Matterhorn
Friendly walking companions
Music on the next door Hotel Alex Terrace
Zermatt - a paradise of flowers below the mountains.
The owner on a day trip to the glacier.
At the base of the glacier.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
andrasikr...
County Dublin, Ireland
“Best place in Zermatt :-)”
Reviewed 12 March 2018 for a stay in August 2017

Well, a couple of us wanted to go to Zermatt in August 2017 for a week of hiking/climbing so we were looking for accommodation and found this one sort of last minute. Great communication with Pauline, the owner beforehand and when we arrived the apartment was ready to make our week stay a delight. The price we got was excellent. We arrived on a Sunday evening and went straight to the Apartment. The location of the apartment in my opinion is simply one of the best you can get in the village. Even if you walk very slowly it may take you less than about 2 minutes to get to the main street. The train station and the supermarket is approximately the same distance. Very handy. Oh, and you need to visit the Lindt shop... it's about 5 minutes away :-) I am comfortable to say that Zermatt is one of the most beautiful places in the Alps if you are into outdoors. It is simply stunning. The village looks like what you would expect in the Alps however I have never seen so many watch shops in one place in my whole life. Lot's of nice restaurants all around the place although we preferred to cook for ourselves most of the time as the apartment had all that was needed for self catering. In the evenings we just sat on the balcony and enjoyed the great view of the village... There is endless possibilities for hiking/climbing and a ton of great walks start from the village itself. We definitely fell in love with Zermatt and when we return again Zayetta apartment will be our first option to go to... Thank you Pauline.

4 May 2018
Thank you so much for taking the trouble to write about your holiday in Zermatt. I am so glad you think it the most beautiful place in the Alps, I certainly did just under 40 years ago and I am delighted to say that not only do I still feel the same way but all my ever expanding family do too. Remember we offer a 10% discount to returning guests!
Pauline
cpspencer
Richmond, California
“Adorable homey apartment”
Reviewed 28 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

Owner Pauline is very friendly and helpful. The apartment is set up to handle a number of guests, with one large bedroom, one with twin beds, and one with a double and a single. It's central to "downtown " Zermatt, and close to the cable car to the Mountain Glacier Paradise as well as other ski attractions. There's a room downstairs for your skis, although we ourselves didn't use it. Although there's a separate cleaning charge not part of the room quotes, the overall fees were very reasonable.

29 Jan 2018
Thank you for taking the trouble to write a review. We would love to see you back in Zermatt - what about this March when I have just cut the price for a week from 10th March and with so much snow this year it is bound to be wonderful!
Russ_Cath...
NJ
“Wonderful stay!”
Reviewed 31 December 2015 for a stay in November 2015
person found this review helpful

Our friend booked the flat and we were so glad we did. Place was very cozy and close to the train station. Had all the amenities of home and we were able to cook breakfast and dinner. Very close to Coop so you can purchase food. Eating out everyday would have been very expensive. We would book this again if we come back to Zermatt during the summer. Book this with an open mind that it's someone's home.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
15 Feb 2016
Dear Cathy,

Thank you so much for your kind words and please do come back - we offer a 10% discount to previous guests!
sas349
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
“A wonderful cosy apartment”
Reviewed 1 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

An apartment in a great location, lovely views, beautiful walks close by, and a very personal service. Our third stay here and it won't be our last!

How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
15 Feb 2016
Thank you for taking the trouble to review our apartment, I think because Zermatt is so well know for its skiing, people often forget just how magical it is in the Summer.
JHMVBVDB
London, United Kingdom
“Cozy apartment.”
Reviewed 17 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015

Booking the apartment was easy. The owner was quick to respond and friendly in answering my questions.
The location is brilliant, very close to the train station, the Gornegrat train, shops and the meeting place for the ski lessons for my children.
The apartments inside is cozy. It is not a typical rental and does not feel like a impersonal hotel. The decor is personal and comfortable, which I liked. However if you are looking for a modern and neutral decor than this is not for you as it is dated (bathrooms have tiles from the 1970s) and in the kitchen the cabinets are very tired.
The views are ok, mostly looking out over other buildings however you can also see the mountains but it is not a wide open view of the mountains.
It's lovely to have the balcony and very sunny during the day.
With children laundry needs to be done daily and I felt that was a bit of a hassle having to bring it down to the shared laundry room and bringing lots of small coins. I would have preferred a laundry facility in the flat itself.
Regarding the bedrooms the following:
- The two larger bedrooms are lovely, bright and spacious. However the third bedroom is very small and gets warm because it has no outside window. I was only in a party of three so we did not use this bedroom, but I would not have liked to sleep in it if my party been larger.
- One of my children is allergic and I requested non-allergic/synthetic bedding materials. It did not work out with the pillows so next time I may have to bring my own pillows.
- Lastly there was no curtain in one of the larger bedrooms and I mentioned this to the owner and they said they would be happy to put one up again.
In summery, we had a wonderful time and would like to come back to this apartment!

Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing