We stayed in a family building across the road from reception. The building is very nice, everything is new. There is a nice play room with new toys and a micro kitchen where you can prepare formula for babies and sterilize bottles. We stayed in a family studio with balcony. The bunk bed has barrier with gate, so it's appropriate for the children off all ages, even for the babies. Very clever solution! Also room was equipped with a nappy disposal bin, very convenient if you travel with toddlers. All the beds and the pillows were comfortable and the balcony had a magnificent view to the mountains. The breakfast was nice, the restaurant has baby chairs and small play corner with lego.
There were few things I didn't like, though:
- Dinner. The choice of food in not very rich, some of the meals look like the frozen meals you can buy at Coop. The service is variable. Sometimes they take your plate as soon as you put your fork on the plate, and sometime they forget about you for ages. On the last evening we have been waiting for dessert (which was included in our half-board) for 20 minutes and then just signed the check for the drinks and left. I think they really should improve the quality of meals and service in the restaurant. Breakfast was OK, though, no problem with it.
- The door in the family building opens automatically (reacts to children as well) and immediately behind the door there is a road. You have to walk along the road (without pavement) to reach the playground. I think that it might be good to mark the area between the entrance of the family building and the stairs to the reception as zebra crossing to attract additional attention of the drivers.
Nevertheless, I liked this hotel a lot and I can highly recommend it to the families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated high above St. Moritz on the famous Suvretta hillside, the Berghotel Randolins can be found right at the ski slopes and hiking trails. It features a wellness area with panoramic views. The outdoor hot tub offers superb views of the Piz Corvatsch mountain. There is also a Finnish sauna offering great views of lake Champfer, a Bio sauna, and a fitness room. Massages are available on request. All guest rooms in the Berghotel Randolins are comfortably furnished and some of them boast a balcony with superb views over the mountains and the lakes. The kitchen team will spoil you with tasty regional specialities. Buffet breakfast is included every morning. Upon prior reservation, a free pick-up service is available from St. Moritz Train Station. For stays of 2 nights or more, in summer the use of all regional buses and cable cars is included in the price and in winter, ski passes are available at discounted rates at the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Berghotel Randolins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Randolins Hotel St Moritz