Hotels.com
Travelocity
eDreams
Destinia.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 April 2020 via mobile

I stayed at Hotel Bellevue in Wengen in July 2019 just a couple of days after my 60th birthday. My husband and I loved every moment of our stay at the hotel and enjoyed wonderful walks in the surrounding area of Wengen, Lauterbrunben and Murren. The hospitality at this hotel is outstanding with fantastic food prepared with care each evening. In these difficult times , thoughts of a return to this perfect place lift my spirits and give me hope for the future. I recconend this hotel highly. Go as soon as you can - you won’t regret it!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ssullivan85
Judith Engi, Inhaber at Hotel Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2020

Thank you very much for your review. We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 22 February 2020

Thank you Judith and the Bellevue team.
We had a wonderful stay with you once again.

Food was impeccable, service was perfect, and the hotel itself is beautiful.
I especially liked the attention to detail that Judith creates, loved the table decor every night, and small touches such as candles and fresh flowers around the hotel gives off a cosy feeling.

We were made to feel very welcome and nothing was a problem.
We have been to many hotels in Wengen and the Bellevue is by far is the best.

If you want a real Swiss experience and spectacular views this is the hotel to stay.

We will see you again in the future.
Many thanks from the Groves party.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Lydia G

Thank you very much for your visit. It was a pleasure to have you here.

Reviewed 13 September 2019

Absolutely loved our time in Wengen. View from this hotel (especially room 208, but also likely 308) are exceptional. Hot tub huge plus. Amazing breakfast buffet included. Dinner is optional but should be had at least one night. Can get 3 or 5 courses. Wine is delicious. Rooms are spacious and very clean. Only potential downside is 10 min walk from train station. My husband and I enjoyed being on the edge of town but if you are older or don’t like walking might not be the best hotel choice for you.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank CJMartini

Thank you very much for your visit. We hope to see you again sometimes.

Reviewed 12 September 2019

I don't usually write negative reviews but our stay at the Hotel Belleuve left a very bad taste in our mouth and we had to check out earlier than the 3 nights we originally planned for. Found the staff to be very selective in their behaviour with guests (as is evident from all the negative reviews for this hotel on Trip Advisor). We noticed it the first night at dinner where the host exchanged pleasantries with everyone but us. When we asked for help with directions the next day we were told rudely told they were not a train station and to ask at the train station. This shocked us beyond words. We had also opted for dinner for all 3 nights and when we asked (on the morning of day 2) if we could cancel the 3rd night's dinner as we wanted to explore the Jungfaru region & won't be back in time for their mandatory 7-8 pm dinner timing, we were again rudely told off by a staff. We could not fathom why they were so rude and could only attribute it to being racist. Needless to say this ruined our entire day as we've never been treated like this in our lives. Upon arrival back to the hotel in the evening, we brought this up with Judith, the owner, who did not show any empathy or concern and talked as though she was doing us a favour by letting us stay with them. We immediately asked to check out the next day which to her credit, she agreed and refunded the rest.

Also want to point out that water is charged (even though water is free & the purest drinking water is available all over Swiss). A 500 ml bottle of water costs CHF 5 and you are not allowed to bring your own water during dinner (again rudely told off about this in front of other guests). We found this ridiculous and never came across this is any other hotel. The bottle of water you order does not even come sealed and for all you know is just tap water. So beware!

The only positive about this hotel is the view. Infact, I posted a pic on Instagram on day 1 praising the hotel & its views. Lo & behold, the next day I was surprised to see another guest's comment on my pic warning me to stay away from this hotel (screenshot attached). It's a shame that Management is so selective with its guests and if they only put in a little more warmth and offer a smile to all guests, this would be a great place otherwise. I've traveled to over 40+ countries and honestly this was my worst experience ever as they effectively managed to bring me to tears on my holiday. No one should experience what we went through (we don't deserve this on holiday) and hence the honest & unbiased review.

Date of stay: August 2019
4  Thank Rochelle R

We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. We do every day our best to make our guests happy but I got the impression that from the beginning to the end of your stay everything went wrong and there were a lot of misunderstandings caused by different circumstances. Again we are very sorry about that.

Reviewed 11 September 2019

First off the hotel is a great location and the view is unbeatable. I've never seen such a majestic view from a hotel balcony before. You can see right up to Jungfrau. It was clean and our room was very spacious. There were no tvs in the room as mentioned in the hotel description, but no one comes to Switzerland to watch tv so I wouldn't worry about it. We ate at the hotel restaurant one day and it was delicious. Be warned you can only get dinner between 7-8. After that, they'll be asking you to finish up. This applies to all over the Bernese Oberland. Get your dinner between 7 - 8 or starve because there is little chance you'll get food anywhere else. There weren't a lot of restaurant choices so whichever city we were in at dinner time is where we ate. The only thing that really left a bad taste in our mouth was a racist comment made to me. I hope for other foreign travelers (who may not look or sound like a Swiss German) that you do not experience this and are able to enjoy a great stay (if you still want to stay here) without being made to feel uncomfortable or unwelcome as I did.

Date of stay: July 2019
3  Thank Companion362822

Thank you very much for your visit. I am very sorry to here that you were not happy with a comment somebody made. As I can not remember what happened I can only apologize and hope that you had also some good experiences.