Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews yogurt recommend hotel nothing is too much trouble jungfrau region comfortable room martina view switzerland station skiing
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 February 2020

This is what I want in a ski resort:

- A comfortable room with a bath. All Berghaus rooms have a deep bath to soak and warm your muscles after a hard day skiing
- A warm welcome. This is a family owned and run hotel. Nothing is too much trouble for Daughter Martina . One of my party injured her leg, and could not walk. Martina offered lifts in her car, help with the room, visits to the Doctor. She arrived at 0650 to help me have breakfast and give me a lift to the station for an early train when I left. She and her mother and father always have a smile on their faces.
- Excellent food. The Berghaus restaurant is a well kept secret, but its food is delicious, and there is always at least one locally caught fish on the menu.
- A charming ambiance. You know you are in traditional Switzerland

Room tip: Book Room with view over mountains
Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank dpalmeruk
Reviewed 2 September 2019 via mobile

I can highly recommend there hotel restaurant. Food and service is great and the wine even better. The view to the Jungfrau is one of the best in Wengen. The prices are fair. It is a family business. Thanks for your hospitality!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2019

Visited in August 2019 for a week. Great family run hotel and Martina and her dad couldn't have been more welcoming. We did pay a bit extra for a mountain view, which was incredible to wake up to. The breakfasts were fabulous, fresh bread, cheese, meats, jams (quite a few home made), eggs, pastries with fresh juices, teas and coffees, which set us up for a days walking in the magnificent mountains around Wengen. Martina was a fountain of information about which walks would be suitable and also the important weather forecast. The room was spotlessly clean with a good sized bathroom and full sized bath. The beds were a bit hard for me but that's personal taste. The big omission for us was a kettle as after a full day of hiking we really needed our cup of tea on the balcony (may be an English thing??). We didn't eat at the hotel so can't comment on the evening meals. The hotel is a little away from the main street (definitely a good thing) and as a previous reviewer has said if you book direct, they will come and fetch you and your bags from the station in an electric buggy. There is a quick cut through, behind the tourist info centre and in front of the cable car to get to the bottom of the road where the hotel is located. Approx walk time to the station - 5 mins. Can thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank Fiona S
Reviewed 3 August 2019 via mobile

My husband and I recently stayed at the Hotel Berghaus for 4 nights as part of a 30th anniversary trip to Europe. We loved Wengen and we loved the Hotel Berghaus! I read lots of reviews before our trip and I am so glad I chose this hotel! First of all the location is just perfect. A short walk from the main road but on a quiet street with cow bells ringing nearby. We booked a room with a view and the view was fantastic! Our balcony faced the Jungfrau! So beautiful! I can’t imagine better views anywhere in town. The room was super clean and the bathroom was huge. There was even a view out the bathroom window! Martina and her Dad were such kind and gracious hosts! So friendly and welcoming. They make you feel like friends of the family. So much nicer than a large impersonal hotel. We got the half board option which worked great for us. The dinners were all delicious and it was great not to have to search for a restaurant for dinner every night. Breakfasts were yummy too. You can’t go wrong starting your day with fresh pastries. These four days in Wengen at the Hotel Berghaus were the highlight of our vacation! We hope to be able to come back again.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2019

We just stayed in Berghaus wengen for 5 nights and had a great time. If you are travelling with family, be sure to ask for the family room which is very spacious for 4-5 people with 2 separate sleeping areas with double beds and a living area with the sofa facing Jungfrau mountain. It's a 5 minute walk to the train station. The host Martina is fabulous - she packed our breakfast on time on a couple of days and also helped to send our luggage to the zurich airport using the sbb luggage service. Will definitely return.

Date of stay: July 2019