eDreams
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Hotels.com
Priceline
All reviews train station lauterbrunnen valley reception desk charming hotel our room was spacious three star cable car breakfast and dinner each evening restaurant staff amazing views bread view from the balcony ski room soup main course peter
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 September 2020

We have been staying here for around 20 years and will return. It is a friendly, comfortable place, where we are always made to feel welcome. We love the buffet meals as it makes it easy for both our food intolerances. An excellent example of a three-star hotel.

Room tip: South side has best views.
Date of stay: October 2019
Bettina Zinnert, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Belvedere, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2020

Dear guest, we are so happy to read through your review and that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again.
Our best wishes to you as well from the entire team!
Reto Feller, Manager

Reviewed 20 August 2020

As part of my recent holidays to Switzerland, I spent six nights at the Hotel Belvedere in Wengen, Jungfrau Region, Berner Oberland. The Hotel had been recommended to me by the wonderful people at Railbookers, who helped designing and planning and booked everything for me.

The hotel is only about a five minute walk away from Wengen railway station, for the not so fit people it might be ten minutes, also if you need to acclimatise to the higher altitude as Wengen is 1,274 m (4,180 ft) above sea level.

I received a warm welcome after Google maps had pranked me sending me half way up and down through the village, received a guest card and two maps with local walks along with some explanations during check-in.

My single room on the fifth floor was very cosy, almost like a little suite with a little corner to sit by the windows and an en-suite bathroom.

I always enjoyed the variety of the breakfast and dinner buffets and occasionally I sat in the bar area enjoying a coffee. There were no tea or coffee making facilities in my room, but that didn’t diminish the quality of my stay in any way.
On the Swiss National Holiday, everyone got given a little special cake for breakfast (I forgot to ask how it’s called) and guests were invited to join for a complimentary drink downstairs in the evening.

All staff members from the Director to the waiters were always welcoming, friendly, very approachable and helpful and they contributed to making my stay an extremely pleasant one.

Wengen is a very special peaceful and car-free place. You only ever see smaller vehicles from hotels or other mostly electric transport vehicles driving along the streets. There are plenty of restaurant options, some sport facilities, a swimming pool, crazy golf and playgrounds for kids.

Wengen is also ideal for hiking and as a base for trips to the Jungfraujoch, to Grindelwald, the Schilthorn, Muerren and of course Lauterbrunnen to mention just a few. The whole Lauterbrunnental is so lovely I could quite happily settle there (but Lauterbrunnen itself is not car-free).

However, if you have mobility issues, Wengen may not be such a great area as it situated on a hillside with sometimes steeper roads and paths. And the hotel doesn’t offer special accessible rooms for wheelchair users.

I highly recommend Wengen and the three-star rated Hotel Belvedere for a longer stay in Switzerland, it’s excellent value for money. And they have good COVID guidelines and practices in place.

Date of stay: July 2020
1  Thank Elke W
Bettina Zinnert, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Belvedere, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2020

Dear Elke
How wonderful to read your amazing review. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and with pleasure we will pass on your kind words as well to our entire team.
We wish to express our thanks for your visit and truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in not too distant future. The best wishes also from our whole team,
Management Hotel Belvedere

Reviewed 9 April 2020

This holiday was a late booking with a group. We were accommodated in rooms which were perfect for each of us - one couple, and three singles who wished to have individual rooms. Very clean, excellent wifi, and access to UK TV in rooms. The food was perfectly good with plenty of options, and the staff could not have been more courteous and helpful whatever the need was. The communal areas were comfortable and pleasant with bar facillities. It was about 5-7 minutes walk to the ski lift. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

Room tip: We had a magnificent view of the valley and the Jungfrau.
1  Thank Simon M
Reviewed 14 March 2020

Gorgeous old school hotel. Staff was exceptional; snapped my ACL on the 3rd day and they took me to the doctors and collected me on two occasions. Food was excellent and the hotel has a wonderful atmosphere and views.

Room tip: Pay a little extra and have a south-facing room with a balcony
1  Thank X2715FTanned
Reviewed 13 March 2020

Comfortable, warm and very friendly hotel. Old fashioned charm and decor while being modern enough-ie bedroom and bathroom. Fast internet and lots of TV channels iff needed. Very pleasant attentive staff. Beautiful views. Plenty of space and facilities-ski room. Good food. I like the lack of gym, pool etc

Room tip: lots of balcony rooms with view