“Accommodation perfect for our needs”
Check Availability
Alpine Walking
Lake Steam (Thunnersee)
Bike it in the Alps
First Bahnen
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
MSNorwich
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Accommodation perfect for our needs”
Reviewed 2 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016

I enjoyed my two weeks stay and found the holiday accommodation perfect for our needs. The camp site is lovely with its many varied trees, beautiful lake and the ever changing view of the snow caped mountains. I look forward to staying at manor farm again in the future. My only want is that the accommodation had one double bed in master room and two narrow child beds in second room which I slept in, not very comfortable for an adult. As we were father and son holiday visitors it would have been better if there had been more appropriate bedding arrangement. Not every holiday family consists of married couple with two children.

Liked best: The view
Liked least: Having to sleep on an uncomfortable child’s bed as my son had the main bedroom.
Travelling group: Other
Your age range 65+
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Sirinan C
“wonderful place to stay”
Reviewed 1 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

I travelled with my mom, brother and daughter. I chose Altogold because I read good reviews from trip advisor. We really had a great time there. The owner, Kelvin and Trudi were very helpful, gave us good advice for traveling in Switzerland and very friendly. The cabin is located at the good location. We walk 5 min to the bus station and took 5 min to downtown. It's on the lake with excellent view even though you won't see the view from the cabin but it's there only 5 min walk. We saved a lot of money stayed here compare to any hotel in Switzerland. There are full kitchen which is very good for us. We'd love to go back. I really recommend to chose Altogold.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: price and kitchen
Liked least: I can't think of anything I don't like
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
2014Frank...
Heeze, The Netherlands
“Holidays at manorfarm”
Reviewed 5 September 2014 for a stay in July 2014

It is every year a great pleasure to be at Manorfarm, it is for us like being at home, a friendly atmosphere, wonderful view of the mountains and lake, friendly and helpfull managers given you all the information you need for exploring the Berner Oberland and even after all these years we still find new places to visit . Our children (11 and 14 years) have the most wonderfull time at Manorfarm, playing football, tabletennis, etc. and make every year new friends.
We are looking forward to visit Manorfarm next year again!

Travelling group: Teenagers
bernesewo...
Saltash, United Kingdom
“Great experience once again”
Reviewed 11 August 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

Have been visiting Manor Farm for 25 years with Altogold, service always very friendly and helpful. Staff always helpful with detailed knowledge of the area, each time new trips are recommended. Highly recommended for those looking for a clean, comfortable base to enjoy the delights of the Bernese Oberland, already looking forward to returning soon.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Layout of site with close proximity to local amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Older travelers Families with young children
Noelene H
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
“Absolutely stunning and the best value for money in Interlaken !!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

I go to Interlaken every year and I have been for the last 3 years. Hotel bills are however much larger when you travel as a family of 4. On this occasion I stayed at Altogold with my family.This is 6 times cheaper than the most reasonable hotel in Unterseen for a family of 4 and the setting is so much better, right on Lake Thun! The trailers were well looked after and comfortable (very clean) and a good size. I found it cheaper to buy our own food (self catering) in Interlaken as its just too expensive to eat out every day around these parts and this self catering option made that possible. The Manager and his family were so friendly and we enjoyed every single minute of our stay. Going back in the summer !!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything including the setting
Liked least: Not applicable
Travelling group: Other
Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing