This is an outstanding hotel. The lobby and public areas are beautiful. The gourmet restaurant is excellent. My wife loved the spa, workout facilities and various treatments. My children really enjoyed the kids' club. The bedrooms and bathrooms are lovely--but not spectacular. The nightly entertainment was also very nice.
For mountain resorts in Europe, this is one of my favorites. There are flat screen tvs, nice qualities beds, pillows and linens. The breakfast was exceptional--really good coffee. Our kids loved the popcorn and cokes brought into the room for them.
The location is very nice being a couple of minutes just out of the center of Interlaken. Interlaken is small so it is a two minute walk back into the center.
The only reason I gave this hotel 4 instead of 5 stars is to differentiate it from the truly great hotels around the world. The Victoria, while beautiful, is not the same experience as the Four Seasons in Provence or the Villa d'Este on Lake Como.
We would definitely come back and this hotel has to be one of the great hotels found in the Swiss Alps. We liked it as much as any we have found in the mountains of europe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Interlaken's Leading Hotel, housed in palatial building with fine views of the Jungfrau Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Priceline, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Odigeo, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Victoria Jungfrau Grand Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Jungfrau Grand Hotel Interlaken
- Victoria Jungfrau Grand Hotel And Spa
- Victoria Jungfrau Grand Spa