All reviews outdoor whirlpool an amuse bouche dining times valley floor ceiling light fly swat every hour beautiful hotel the bus fish or vegetarian carte menu junior suite stunning mountain views main village town centre free shuttle cow bells
Reviewed 10 October 2018

I loved the amazing mountain views and off the beaten path feel - yet you can be in the town in minutes. The staff is incredibly warm and friendly and the rooms are new and fresh. I came in Fall, but would love to visit in Winter for skiing. If you are looking to be away from the crowds and enjoy a stunning, relaxing spot, this is it!

Room Tip: The views towards town are amazing!
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Honestly, the only reason I give three stars to this hotel is because of the SPA which is fenomenal, other than that everything leaves a lot to wish for...
To start the rooms are small, they don’t have AC, the minibar is empty (in fact is just a non functional mini fridge), and the mattresses are expired for at least ten years. So in the summer you have to sleep with the windows open and let every flying criter in the animal kingdom come pay you a visit while having the metal springs of the old mattress “massage” you into sleep {end of sarcastic tone}.
The room is given to you with nothing but a 2 in 1 shampoo-body wash product and two small bottles of water so if you’re planning on drinking wine of your own make sure tou bring the bottle opener as well.
Lastly, be very careful with consumptions, the prices are astronomical, just like the room fares.

Overall, I do not recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

We booked a large room with balcony. Had the second floor room just above the outdoors restaurant. Opening windows or using the balcony was impossible due to all the smokers down at the restaurant. When asked to move were offered a smaller room. It's also not recommended for families with kids since they aren't allowed to use the pool. Room facilities were ok not more. Breakfast was very basic nothing special. Dinner was nice but far from the pictures of the hotel published. I would rate this place a nice three stars hotel. Definitely not 4.

Stayed: September 2018
Reviewed 4 September 2018

We loved this hotel. The rooms are very clean and very well decorated/new. We had a hard time choosing between Glacier and this hotel and we were very happy with our choice since we had dinner at Glacier one night and we disappointing by the food and overall vibe. Also the view from this hotel is definitely much prettier since it is higher up, just about a 10 minute drive to town. The breakfast was awesome and we unexpectedly had to leave a night early and although we did not get a full refund they were able to help us out by not charging the full room rate. I understand how some people might not be too thrilled with their view of the parking lot, however, we were overlooking the camp site and farm and loved it...the sound of the sheep bells and overlooking the city was gorgeous.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2018

• Hotel location: 4/5
The hotel is located in Grindelwald which is great during winter. It is difficult to drive out during night (unsafe road without lights)

• Design and Atmosphere: 4/5

• Staff Attitude and hospitality: : 1/5
The hotel owner/manager needs to get course in how to deal with customer. He is extremely rode and keep saying I am the boss. This is a family business which can be destroyed with such unprofessional attitude.

• Cleanness and Housekeeping: 5/5
Very clean and lovely hotel

• Service Quality and Response: 3/5
ZERO flexibility

• Room Size, Condition, amenities & quietness: 3/5
We have a small suite yet unfortunately we were assigned the one in the ground. View was EXTREMELY POOR (one side you will see the parking which is full of cars and the other side is a school). I requested to have a great view when I booked the accommodation but I got a car parking view. Basically, I was cheated and It was a non-refundable deal, so I was forced to accept the deal.
Do not ever take the ground floor suite even if you get a discount.

• Bed Convenience: 4/5

• Internet: 4/5

• Food: 3/5
Good variety in the breakfast but very poor dinner. We tried the Burger which was EXTREMELY POOR and smell like a cow!

• Swimming Pool: N/A
Cannot rate because we were asked to be naked to try such pools and Sawna. Thus, we did not try it!

• Price: 3/5
It was extremely expensive due to high season. Price should be better if you visit the location during summer!

• Parking: 3/5
Expensive and tight!

======================
• Overall Impression: 3.5/5
Great hotel, great location and very bad management! I would recommend the management to attend training in hospitality which will help in how to deal with unsatisfied customers. Please work to improve your attitude.
I loved the place and I would love to come back if the attitude is improved. Thank you again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple