“Good basic Italian food”

Ristorante Pizzeria Da Salvi
Ranked #10 of 72 Restaurants in Grindelwald
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

Grindelwald is an expensive place to eat and this restaurant is good value for the town. It is nothing fancy but has a good range on menu to suit everyone. Pizzas are good.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

Great pizza and salads. Lovely atomsphere and great service. The margharita pizza is a must - it was delicious!

Reviewed 23 June 2017

After a day of zip lining and scooters down the mountain, this was the first restaurant we stumbled upon. They had chickens grilling as we turned the corner on an outside pit. The restaurant looked very nice with lots of patrons. Great atmosphere. I ordered the chicken, my husband the spaghetti carbonara. The boys ordered the pizza. The chicken was just as stated, a grilled chicken with some veggies on the side, I guess I was expecting something more for 24 euros a plate. My husbands carbonara was the worst. Its was pasta in butter, tons of butter. No cream was present. The bottled water was 6 euros a bottle. The boys said their pizza was good. The beer was good, how can someone mess that up. The whole meal was close to 150 euros. Service was nice. I just felt like the food as so overpriced and not good at all. Ours tasted like something out of a frozen dinner. I know it's a tourist town, but seriously? We learned our lesson. Two weeks in Europe, this was our worst meal.

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Visited with friends for evening meal. We had pasta, pizza and risotto (not each!) and all the meals were delicious . The staff were attentive and friendly and the atmosphere was casual and conducive to a lovely relaxing evening after a long day's hike

Reviewed 13 June 2017

This is a lovely restaurant in Grindelwald. We dined here after looking at previous reviews and were glad we did. The food was tasty and the service was quick. The staff were all friendly. The price was also very reasonable!