All reviews oldest hotel superior double room cozy hotel stayed two nights top floor cheese fondue breakfast was excellent included in the room rate swiss hospitality old world charm nadia widmer hiking mountains switzerland village balcony
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Posthotel Roessli not only dates back to a time years ago but also has amazing old world charm attached to it
The hotel has a charm of its own
Staff is extremely polite and courteous
The best is that in Europe you don’t find too many places where people help you carry your luggage upstairs but here they do
The restaurant downstairs is quite traditionally Swiss but we still managed to have a good meal here as per our taste buds
The room was very clean and comfortable with an attic area for the children s beds which was very delightful for the kids
My room was on the 3rd floor with a balcony with a lovely view
Would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting gstaad

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

I’ve stayed in Gstaad many times although this was my first stay with the Posthotel Rössli and I will definitely be back. The welcome, friendliness and service of all the staff were outstanding. This included making sure I had a window seat with alpine views at both dinner and breakfast. As a solo traveler those seats are often reserved for couples and groups but here I felt like a 5 Star guest. My superior double room was excellent and had a living area and a fantastic terrace with mountain views. Breakfast was great, the coffee was good and the staff were more than happy to fill up my tea flask for the day of hiking that awaited me.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Donnaprana
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

This family run hotel is just like coming into a family home. Strongly recommended if you are looking for a good bed, clean nice bathroom and a central location. They have a good restaurant for lunch and dinner too.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Gstaad, a village synonymous with the rich and the famous of the world, steeped in luxury and Swiss views to die for. It does not disappoint!!
Nestled at one end of the famous promenade is this beautiful chalet Posthotel Roessli, said to be the oldest hotel in Gstaad. It lives upto it’s name and tradition by which the Swiss were once famous for. It feels like a fairy tale to be in this wooded cottage. The rooms are of a varying sizes typical of chalets, but very tastefully equipped. We stayed on the top floor(third), which my daughter absolutely fell in love with,as her bed was neatly tucked into a corner. The room was well sized and the bathroom felt so bright because of a natural skylight. The receptionist cum owner Nadia is one of the most wonderful people we have come across in Switzerland. She not only guided us on the various activities and happening around saanen, she advised us on the best food and sights in and around Gstaad. Thank you Nadia once again.
The hotel has a lot of choice to lounge around on the ground floor, with some awesome old world charm in its restaurants. It’s a treat to be surrounded by tradition and Swiss hospitality, and not by standard, mundane commercial MBA type hotels.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who likes traditional Swiss hospitality and a home away from home.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank vikram j
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Very cozy hotel. We stayed only for one night, enough to fall in love with the hotel. The room was Nice and big, very big for swizterland standarts. The staff were friendly and gave us nice advice of the city. There wasnt much to do, because the mountain was cloused, but they were thoughtfull

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple