“Very nice dinner”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

I have been here last week (Thursday night) with a good friend for a spontaneous dinner. As we entered this elegant place we were warmly welcomed by Ms. Gerster. She immediately guided us to a nice table at the window. I really enjoyed the atmosphere even the restaurant got really full.
After a pre dinner cocktail we decided to order the Tavolata. It is available for a minimum of two person.
I think it was the best choice. We got several different starters all to share. All were tasty and yummy presented. We ordered an excellent Portuguese wine which was recommended by the competent staff.
After the main course we were really full. And took a short break till we got the selection of desserts.
Excellent presentation and taste. All from hot to cold and frozen.
I personally think this is the best place in eastern Switzerland. Definitely worth to try. I come here every couple month because I travel a lot. To this place I will always come back. It is fabulous!
Thanks to the whole team who made this evening memorable for us.
Keep it up and see you again!

1  Thank Christoph Z

Reviewed 8 December 2016

Modern decor with graciously spaced tables within the dining room made the restaurant seem rather ordinary, but the food and service were impressive. The offerings are diverse and have Indian, Thai and European flavor so. The bread was truly delicious, and plentiful. I had an Asian influenced meal of a fried rice served with peanut chicken satay....the little pickles were a memorable touch. My companion had an enormous, and savory hamburger that was too large to finish. A curried soup was a delicious starter, and complimented any number of the entrees.

1  Thank 60745Mary
Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

Good food in a good ambiance. The sommelier was very helpfull, friendly and had good personal touch. The wine was great. Probably a restaurant that Robert de Niro would go to ;)

Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

Simplicty perfect , love this restaurant
Coming back here every time I visit SWITZERLAND , service is super friendly , is displaying great standards and they remember you on each visit . Attention to details are great and appreciated .
This all comes back proper training
Food is outstanding , simple and the basic are right , not many restaurant anymore which execute operation excellence to the core , to many restaurant play around to much without understanding the basics. But not in candela it is consistent and well prepared . I especially love the sliced veal liver with roeschti, ice coffee , my personal favorite but a good other choices too

Definitely recommended and we will absolutely be back soon again soon .

Well done and also love the de or of the restaurant

1  Thank Ralph F
Reviewed 30 September 2016

During our 2 weeks tour in Switzerland (we were a group of 20 persons) it was by far away the best restaurant we have done. The hospitality, service and quality of the fine international cuisine owned by Mr René Engler. Monika, the general manager took extra care of us and we also appreciated the staff who took care of us making us feeling like millionaires because even the chef came to talk to us. The quality and the food were absolutely amazing. It was a very nice culinary experience and each of us have found exactly something of his taste. The resto was full but we didn’t feel it by the way we have been treated. That is a real 5 five stars restaurant! So we recommend this restaurant to anybody in St-Gallen. By the way the staff was very proud to tell us that Robert De Niro went there 2 nights in a row. The stars reach the stars!! Enjoy!!

2  Thank epeloffy