Lowest prices for your stay
Radissonhotels.com
AU$790
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
kkklaaa

Good location, helpful staff, spacious room

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 5 Sept 2016
On arrival, the staff were very friendly, welcoming and the gentleman at the desk was more than willing to offer us advice about what to see/do. The hotel is approx a 7 min walk from the main train station which is convenient if you wish to visit any of Switzerland's mountains and is a short walk to the water on your way in to the centre of Lucerne. Though our room looked over the train line, we did not come to Switzerland to spend time in our room. We stayed in a business room and it was incredibly spacious and quiet. I would stay here again if I returned to Switzerland.
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Responded 6 Sept 2016
Dear kkklaaa,
Thank you very much for having taken the time to write a review about your stay in Radisson Blu Hotel, Lucerne.
It is a pleasure for us to read that you enjoyed the central location of the hotel, the spacious and quiet room as well as our best 'Yes I Can' service. Our aim is to always please our guests and to see that we reached our goal makes us very proud.
We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again in wonderful Lucerne.
Kind regards,
  • Algotels
2.6 km from Radisson Blu Hotel, Lucerne
View more hotels in Lucerne
1,811 results
All reviews train station lake view old town business hotel modern hotel river cruise walking distance convenient location rooms are large excellent location breakfast spread mini bar beautiful city chapel bridge switzerland sauna bathtub
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed for two nights in Lucerene. Typically the Radisson is a good choice. This was not a good experience. The first room had a broken air conditioner. After several requests they gave us a large fan which helped some with outdoor temperatures near 90. The room was large but had uncomfortable quite modern furniture. Felt as if we were in an IKEA showroom. They moved us the next day to a room with AC but no bathtub! They were quite busy and staff seemed overwhelmed. Even tables in restaurant were not cleared. We generally had to sit at a dirty table and prompt someone to clear it. Quite a disappointment to us on many levels.

Location is great though. Staff were kind but seemed overwhelmed. Radisson has always been good for us and we're surprised by this experience. Don't know that we will try them again in Europe.
Perhaps your luck will be better than ours!

Date of stay: August 2016
M_Conzelmann, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Lucerne, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2016

Dear Txshrink68,
Whenever one of our guests takes the time to share their experience, we value this tremendously, whether it is positive or negative.
We understand you are not happy with the way things turned out and we deeply and sincerely apologise for all the inconvenience you had to bear. We do always try to accommodate quest's requests, but especially if we need to change a room due to dysfunction it is then unfortunately not always possible to fulfil all the wishes!
If there is a rush hour during breakfast time it can happen that there are some tables that need to be cleaned up. My team is always eager to clear the tables as fast as possible, and also to refill the buffet. Of course, I will discuss your mentioned points with my F&D Manager, so he can retrain our staff accordingly.
We really hope to get the chance to welcome you here in Lucerne again very soon. Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

Hotel let me shower upon arrival which was great after 24 hrs on a plane.

Room was large compared toEuropean standards and 338 had view of Lake Lurcerne. Get a higher room for better views.

Only issues I had was no remote for TV, room had stains on carpet and buffet breakfast had some issues.

Overall, minor issues. Great spot, good hotel. I'd recommend yet you will pay a premium given location.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Prestidgep,
thanks a lot for having taken the time to write a review about your stay in Radisson Blu Hotel, Lucerne.
My team and I, we are pleased to read that you enjoyed the spacious room with the wonderful view of Lake Lucerne and the Swiss Alps.
Never hesitate to contract directly our ‘One Touch’ service. It will be a pleasure for my team to bring you the missing or additional item to your room.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again, when you visit Switzerland next time.
Warm regards,
M. Conzelmann - General Manager

Reviewed 1 September 2016

We stayed here one night. The hotel is very modern, rooms are large, clean and quiet. We chose this hotel because it is close to the train station maybe a 10 minute walk. We were able to order a la carte for breakfast instead of paying €32 for the buffet.

We walked to all the tourist locations and restaurants very quickly. We even used public transportation to get to Mt. Pilatus.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
M_Conzelmann, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Lucerne, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2016

Dear JulesMI55,
thank you for sharing your great experience with the world.
We are pleased to read that you liked the central location, our à la carte breakfast as well as our spacious, clean and quiet room.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 1 September 2016

The Radisson Blu Hotel in Lucerne is an excellent hotel located in the heart of the city, right on the lake. The staff are exceptional; very helpful and always willing to help. The location is also fantastic for accessing the lake, the city and the train station. I highly recommend.

Room tip: ask for a view of the lake if you care for that view, but it will also come with periodic car traffic
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Joy,
thank you very much for having rated your stay in Radisson Blu Hotel, Lucerne and recommending us.
It is a delight for me and my team to read that you enjoyed the central location of the hotel, as well as our best 'Yes I Can' service. Our aim is to always please our guests and to see that we reached our goal makes us very proud.
Best regards,

Reviewed 30 August 2016

I only stayed here for a night during a conference
The positives that I found:
Very friendly staff, nice conference room.
Very good breakfast options (healthy drinks, teas, bircher muesli)
They even have a nice little gym and sauna on the 5th floor.

Negatives:
Noise in the rooms (but it was Saturday night)
Food hygiene , I don't know if it is related but I had a very upset stomach after breakfast. I think it is due to the fact that I asked a lady for a slice of gluten free bread and she brought it to me with her bare hands after she was mixing eggs. Not on a plate, not on a napkin, she gave me the bread with her bare hands...

• Trip type: Travelled on business
M_Conzelmann, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Lucerne, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2016

Dear Sophie,
We highly appreciate your spending time in posting a review about your stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Lucerne. It gives me great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your meeting, the delicious breakfast, the gym and saunas as well as our friendly staff. I am really sorry to hear about your upset stomach and hope everything is fine again. Of course, I will discuss your mentioned point with my F&D Manager in order to retrain the staff accordingly. We really hope to get the chance to welcome you, Sophie, soon again in Lucerne.
Kind regards, M. Conzelmann