All reviewsswiss chaletpirate roomclock towerking suitekrone hotellion heartegyptian roomold townarabian nightsactual bathroomboat shapedfour poster bedthe riverfree coffee machinethe ritzcontinental styleincluded in the room price
Reviewed 17 August 2017

After a day on the mountain it was great to come back to our room at Hotel Magic. Great location close to one of the main train stations in Lucerne. We stayed in the King suite with the corner spa with the surf scene. The room seemed a bit over the top, but we loved the theme. We did get stuck in the elevator and we just started pressing the buttons and it came back on (so I suggest using the stairs) Everything was very clean, and comfortable, besides that elevator.
Also, Very Important: Make sure to read where they tell you to go to check in. The hotel will inform you prior to check in, just read your e-mails. You may have to check in a few blocks away from the building you are staying in. I had to help a few other travelers that were confused of where to check in. The only other con was that the hotel is in a busy district. Before the sun was up, there was a garbage collector crew outside dumping can after can of glass bottles. They probably dumped 20 - 30 cans at least and it was very loud. If you don't mind waking up early like us, then its not too big of a problem, we just thought they could've done that a little later in the morning.

Room Tip: Make sure you know where to check in. It may not be at the building you are staying in.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2017

A Swiss themed room which was delightful and comfortable. Great location central to the old town and the lake. Close to all restaurants and free coffee machine in the room.
Well priced for what you got.

Room Tip: Subject to availability, however there are rooms with a view of the river which would be nice to stay in.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

This was my first stay at the Magic. I stayed in the Chalet room which like others said has no view. However, the room was very large, actually larger than rooms I stayed in the area in the past. The bathroom was no bigger or smaller than hotels in the area. But I have to say this was the cleanest hotel I stayed in. The rooms are all numbered 2xx with a name and a few are suits. On the elevator the room names are listed? During my stay it was hotter than usual and a room fan was enough to be comfortable. There were three windows and at night I kept them open. There was a small mini frig which was fine. The room also had a safe but didn't work. The bed was comfortable and the room was quite. The room did have a large HD TV but I didn't use it. The hotel offers breakfast this was not included in the room price and it is offered at one of their other hotels which also does your Checkin. The staff was very nice and breakfast was good. Finally there is wifi and it worked fine. However it's not a secure connect like most hotels. The location is in the old town and is an easy 5 minute walk to the train station.

There are many restaurants in walking distance from 1 minute up to 10 to meet anyone needs. I have reviewed a few. If you can't find something you like there are 2 McDonald's. I don't care for them in the states but international ones are unique. If your looking for coffee then try one for $2 or try Tchibo coffee chain. The train station has bakeries, coffee shops and a shop on the first level that has pretzels and hotdogs.

If your looking for the Ritz, sorry this is not the Ritz. If it was it would be $500+ per night.
That should cover everything and then some. Do some research before traveling. There is a very good tourism office in the train station. Enjoy!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Extremely disappointed with our choice. Barock Room is OK and clean, but awful view over the roof and pipeworks of the adjacent buildings. It's boiling hot. Tiny, tiny bathroom. Not worth the money. I would not stay again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed at the Hotel Magic for two nights. Upon arrival we realized we had to check in just across the square (we had forgotten this) but it was an easy walk over. We were there very early so the held our bags for us while we went and had lunch. Upon checking into the Caesar room we found it to be clean and we're quite pleased to have our own little coffee maker. The room overlooked a square where we watched several wedding parties come out of what looked like a government building. That was fun! Also, there is a small elevator up to the rooms. Everything was in walking distance from the hotel and a fan was provided to help keep the air moving. Breakfast was just across the square which we didn't mind at all. All in all a nice place to stay right in the center of Luzern.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple