“Ok, no reason to scream of happiness ”

Kaiten Sushi Restaurant & Take Away
Ranked #276 of 444 Restaurants in Lucerne
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Well, Switzerland should not be known or remember for fabulous sushi. Instead one will recall the sushi experience as way overpriced and just ok. I live here and have yet to be wowed by a sushi experience. Lauren was no exception. Good sushi but not exceptional. The service was very good. The rice not professional mastered. I could see that either the Japanese sushi chefs were on vacation or the current chefs were not really inspired and only gave it a relatively tepid effort in the evening we were there. The Yakov was dry and tasteless. The maguro, just average. Hamachi had strands. Tamago... nothing special. But sushi nonetheless. We’ll probably come back.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

Went there for lunch the other day. We made a reservation as recommended. The place remained mostly empty during out stay. Service was fast, friendly & very helpful. Food was OK, but nothing special. And we figures that it was quite pricey for what u get...

Reviewed 14 February 2017

if you ant to eat sushi in Lucerne this is the place to go.
Place is very limited. you have to reserve in advance.
nice experience!

Reviewed 4 January 2017

I visited Kaiten several times already, but the staff gets worse every time. Two times we had all you can eat, and between the first to the second round we had to wait up to one hour before we could order again. even though the restaurant was almost empty. One time the order menu wasn't given us back, so we couldn't order either. We went to the counter after 15min as nobody showed up anymore. Also drinks got forgotten.
I always liked the sushi very much, but I think for future I prefer just take away.

Reviewed 30 March 2015 via mobile

It's clear that they have the sushi pre-made and sitting around, instead of being made-to-order. Sushi should always be made fresh! We got take-away from here once, but I wouldn't go back. I haven't found a decent place for sushi in Luzern :(