“Lovely dinner experience”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 6 July 2017

I had dinner in the outside courtyard in front of the restaurant which made for a lovely experience as you're in the old town and able to people watch.

The food was delicious, though the service was wanting. While nothing about the service was terrible, there was a gruffness to my waiter. That said, unless something horrid happens I try not to hold that against a restaurant as there are many waiters and perhaps one was having a bad night. I try and let the food dictate everything and the food is well worth it here.

I don't believe they have dessert here as I didn't see anyone with it and was never offered a dessert menu, so that is something to consider. Personally, I actually liked that because it allowed me to go off and find a place to grab something afterwards.

While the pasta is delicious here, if you're looking for something a little lighter, they had a wonderful chicken salad that kept me full and was a nice break from all the heavy food I'd been eating in Switzerland.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

Good choice of dishes, large portions and friendly service. The red wine from Puglia was especially memorable. Will have another meal here when we're next in Luzern.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

My wife and I were seated outside behind the restaurant next to the street. We started with a caprese salad and a mixed green salad. Both were good. We shared a margherita pizza. It had a thin crust and was tasty but nothing special. For dessert we had tiramisu and chocolate mousse. They were ok but I've had much better. The mousse was not very chocolatey and the tiramisu lacked flavor. The service was excellent and the waiters were very friendly.

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Most of the restaurants are a bit expensive, especially for the average college student, like myself, but we were able to have a good meal at this restaurant for a good price. Portion sizes are good and the service was quick and friendly.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

The food was so yum that we dined here twice
Since the restaurant was full, we ate at the Pizzeria Valentino La Capella which is adjoining to the restaurant and probably shares the kitchen
A special mention for our server Ms Catia who was really warm & hospitable
We also met the young owner who was dining at the adjacent table - he was very warm and happy to share his cooking secrets with my wife

2  Thank MrMilestogo