“def recommend the tagliatelle with chicken in saffron cream sauce”
Review of Parterre

Parterre
Ranked #159 of 445 Restaurants in Lucerne
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Restaurant Parterre looks more like a dive bar. It doesn't look like a place you'd expect good food, but that's exactly what we got.

My boyfriend and I came in at around 9 or so for a late dinner. He ordered the Venison (served with spätzle, and brussel sprouts, 23.50 Fr). I don't remember if I liked the deer or not, but I probably didn't care for it. That's also because I'm not normally a fan of the gamier meats. I did like the spätzle though, especially with the sauce that came with my dish. I ordered the Tagliatelle (served with chicken breast in a saffron-cream sauce, 19.50 Fr). I really enjoyed it. The pasta was cooked to the perfect consistency, the chicken wasn't dry, and the sauce was flavorful. I really couldn't find anything wrong with this dish.

For Switzerland, this place was pretty reasonably priced. Plus, they gave some pretty big portions. Would definitely recommend this place (although I read that they're renovating as of October 2017).

Reviewed 1 October 2017

We stayed nearby, this is a local restaurant in the neighborhood that serves very good, affordable, tasty food. I had the vegetable soup, penne with a sauce and loved every bit of it, my wife had a Mediterranean salad and raved to our waitress. Service was met with a smile, an English menu and politness throughout our meal. The bill was very fair, beer was cold and we would recommend and return!!

1  Thank jnwco
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Had a dish that they modified for my allergies of gluten and dairy. It was delicious and the staff was super helpful! Also has free Wi-fi so ask for it cause it is a great connection too! Highly recommend this establishment! :)

Reviewed 5 June 2017

I do not know how to put Into words this secret oasis we stumbled across whilst out for a walk. Walked in and the greeting was outstanding, we had not booked and took a chance to be seated which was welcomed by the owner. Service excellent and attention to detail with setting plan. Served free of charge tap water, which was so warm in Switzerland as water was subject to charge in most dining place. We consumed Penne with wild garlic- Pesto sauce... OMG, amazing and tasty. Service and quality deserves a five star rating only wish I could give more stars to reflect the experience.
Fabulous Service and fantastic food. Well worth priced. The service was very friendly and the food arrived in good time and piping hot.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 6 March 2017

The restaurant is very inflexible with breakfast ordering times. If you arrive 15 minutes before the kitchen closes, they will turn you away. It's strange since breakfast is not very different from lunch in cooking needs. The crowd is quite hipster. Nice place, shame about the service.

Date of visit: February 2017