My wife and I have just got back from a thoroughly excellent week at the Ski Lodge Engelberg. The Ski Lodge is conveniently located right next to the railway station, so, having stepped off the train, you've only got to wheel your case for a few dozen meters to be at their front door (although my wife found it slightly challenging to drag her case up the short gravel path in front of the hotel, which doesn't appear to be entirely wheeled-case friendly).
Our room (22) was clean and bright and simply, but adequately, furnished, with a small balcony and a lovely view across the hotel's pretty terrace to spectacular views of the mountains beyond. The bed was very comfortable. My only gripe about the room would be that it didn't have a "proper" shower, which is something I really look forward to after a day of hiking. I don't know if this is a common feature of all the hotel's rooms, but it might be something to ask about if this sort of thing is very important to you.
We ate in the hotel's restaurant five nights during our stay (they were closed the other two nights) and every course of every meal we had was excellent.
The breakfasts were pretty standard for this sort of hotel, with a good selection of cereals, cold meats, cheeses, eggs, bread, etc.
The hotel was fairly quiet while we were there, so we had lots of opportunity over the week to chat with the staff, who were really friendly and helpful and able to provide lots of useful information about the area and things to do. They really made us feel welcome and helped to make a good holiday properly great.
We really enjoyed our stay at the Ski Lodge and would not hesitate to recommend it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ski Lodge Engelberg was crafted after the type of hotels that we enjoy staying at while on vacation. Hearty breakfasts, comfortable beds and personal and friendly service are things you can expect at Ski Lodge Engelberg. Forget the dated interior, bland food, and thin blankets of other hotels. The staff is ready to help you with all aspects of your stay from how to address those aching feet to finding the best snow conditions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au and Booking.com so you can book your Ski Lodge Engelberg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ski Lodge Engelberg Hotel Engelberg
- Ski Hotel Engelberg
- Ski Lodge Engelberg Europe - Switzerland