“Superb food And service”
Review of Yamori Izakaya

Yamori Izakaya
Reserve with
Yamori Izakaya is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 1,892 Restaurants in Geneva
Price range: USD 18 - USD 47
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Description: Yamori is the new spot in Geneva where to eat amazing sushis like the tempura rolls which are warm. you can also eat beef burger, lobster burger, veggie burger, entrecôte café de Paris, côte de bœuf, chocolate cake. Try our sake and japanse whisky.
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We were there with friends to have a dinner and I was surprised how great the food was and very tasty. Service was also very nice and we had a very pleasant evening. I have to say the food was excellent! The prices were also decent.

1  Thank UllaK354

Reviewed 23 October 2017

It was our first time at the restaurant. We ordered the "Plateau Expérience" - a mix of sashimi, nigiri and sushi rolls - and overall we were very happy considering it is a fusion restaurant and dishes are kind of adjusted to the Swiss palate. Some of the rolls had to much mayonnaise and quite a few were the fried type, but the traditional ones were well made and very fresh. The miso soup was good, but it could have more tofu in it. I'll definitely go back to try other dishes.
(We have benefited from the 50% discount of the Gastronomic Festival, which was excellent. However, without that, Yamori tends to be a bit expensive.)

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I was suprised to see that the biggest platter they have is served in a plastic tray. Not very nice for a first impression. The sushi was mediocre. The rice was dry and in most of the rolls there was mayonnaise. When we asked our waiter if we could have it without any mayonnaise he said that it's already mixed.(Fresh sushi, really?) Also, he seemed bored. It was an average experience and I wouldn't go back.

1  Thank zotrix
Reviewed 18 May 2017

We have been here recently and noticed entire menu and chef changed. I was disappointed as I really liked this place before.I am not sure if I enjoyed the new menu.

Yamo21, Gérant at Yamori Izakaya, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

If the Chef is changed, the menu has been just reduced from some plates in order to cook always fresh dishes home made.
we look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Yamori Izakaya is a modern fusion Asian restaurant that specializes in Japanese dishes. I would highly recommend their sushi as they are creative and fresh. Main dishes are quite pricey but portions are pretty big.

Yamo21, Gérant at Yamori Izakaya, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Thank you so much for taking time to post your comment. We welcome any feedback enabling us to renew our offer. We look forward to seeing you again.