All reviews woods restaurant united nations ambassador member bus stop city centre red cross museum number bus free bus pass business center room upgrade lake geneva public areas breakfast was excellent business trip lake view very nice hotel close to the airport
Reviewed 29 March 2015

An expensive luxurious Swiss Hotel. Can't know the luxury so I will concentrate on practical matters & my personal priorities that may or may not apply to you. The previous year my stay coincided with that of Ronaldo so the place with swarming with heavies protecting the great eminance. I was there on both occasions for a conference located in the hotel. Apart from it being close to the UN & a few other international organisations it is kind of in the middle of nowhere in particular. Takes about 10-15 minutes to walk to a few not particularly inspiring restaurants. If you are coming from the airport or central railway station don't bother with an expensive cab. There are bus stops right outside. The conference rate was £249 per night which is a highly reduced rate but at the high end for my normal business travel. Plus with the rate being special I did not earn any IHG rewards points (Intercontinental is part of this group) despite my "loyalty" to the brand. Felt cheated. Definitely would find more economical accommodation next time around. Interestingly the 2015 conference is being held in Berlin. We are voting with our feet!

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
InterContinentalGVA, Manager at Hotel InterContinental Geneve, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2015

Thank you for your candid review. We apologize that your recent stay did not meet expectations. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.

Reviewed 27 March 2015

I was in Geneva last week for an important client meeting and stayed at this hotel for two nights. Suffering from jet lag, which kept me awake both nights, I was probably in a haze as I left for the airport last Friday morning. When I got out of the taxi at the airport, I realized I left my very valuable (in many ways) diamond engagement ring in the room. A rookie mistake for someone who travels a lot and has a system down when traveling - it must have been the jet lag! I rang the hotel and the concierge very calmly and reassuringly assisted me. Within 15 mins, they sent the ring to the airport along with my entire jewelry pouch and makeup bag. Definitely jet lag!! I am ever so grateful to the Concierge for moving quickly and dependably!! It was my first time in Switzerland and I left with a warm feeling towards the Swiss. Thank you very much!

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Reviewed 26 March 2015

This hotel is perfect for meetings in the international quarter of Geneva but won't recommend it if you want to soak up the atmosphere of old Geneva. Staff are fantastic, meeting rooms good, great quality food including function food and good rooms. My only gripe is no fresh milk. While the Swiss have a strange preference for UHT milk I would have thought fresh milk would have been available on request at an international hotel but it wasn't. Thank goodness for the supermarket tucked away behind the hotel.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our Staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 26 March 2015

Stayed here on a whistle stop tour of the Alps. This hotel is a little way out of the city but has a bus stop right outside that takes you to Bel Air where everything you want is a small walk away. If you stay at any hotel you get a free transport pass to use which saves on driving and parking. Stayed in room 1027 which has views over the lake and is nice and roomy. Geneve is expensive car parking was 36chf (discounted for hotel stay). Used the bar drinks were well made and tasted as they should we had a Moscow Mule and French 75, staff were good and replenished nuts and olives. Reception staff very friendly and took the time to explain things to us.

Date of stay: March 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 March 2015

Driving up to this hotel - you think you are going to a concrete tower but don't be put off - the interior of this hotel is modern, quirky and attractive.

Check-in staff go that extra mile and all the concierges that we dealt with were eager to please. Food was inventive, unusual and tasty from the Woods restaurant to the bar food and breakfast. We were well looked after!

Room was superb with a dual aspect great view of the city and a somewhat unusual layout with the bathroom in the middle of the room. Dinner plate shower was great as was the selection of toiletries.

We had great fun enjoying cocktails in both the upstairs bar and downstairs in "Nations". Staff (and in particular Stephan and Olivia) made sure that we were always looked after however busy they were.

Loved this hotel and would highly recommend although it does get busy with conference guests and is quite a long way out of town but is handy for the airport, United Nations and exhibition centre (we went for the Motor Show!).

It is the staff who make you stay extra special and all from the door staff to barmen and waiters were excellent!

Room tip: Corner rooms overlooking the lake and city are best for great views.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple