“Excellent, Stylish, 5 star hotel, cannot wait to go again.”

Hotel President Wilson
Ranked #8 of 105 Hotels in Geneva
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent, Stylish, 5 star hotel, cannot wait to go again.”
Reviewed 12 January 2012

From the minuted I walked into the hotel I was made to feel very welcome by the staff at the President Wilson Hotel, check in was quick and efficient. The staff were more than helpful and could not fault any of them, excellent service! The hotel is very elegant and well designed, very luxurious.
The bedrooms were very spacious, clean and well equipped with a extras you would expect from a 5-star hotel. The bed I must say was extremley comfortable. From my room I had amazing views of mountains as well as the lake.
The bar and restaurnt areas are very stylish and the drinks and food were delicious. Enjoyed the Lebanese restaurant in the hotel which had been highly recomended by collegues. I cannot wait to visit the President Wilson Hotel again soon!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Reb122
DOSMPW, Manager at Hotel President Wilson, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear Madame,

Firstly I would like to thank you for sharing your comments regarding your experience of the President Wilson on TripAdvisor.

I am very happy to read that you felt welcome and comfortable from the minute you walked in our hotel. Our staff is always taking care of every aspect of your stay since your personal comfort and satisfaction are essential keys to our success. We strive to provide an excellent service philosophy and accommodate every traveler a modern, elegant and renovated environment.

I am also glad that you enjoyed the comfort of your room and the view over the spectacular Alpine panorama. I also inform you that you can enjoy as well this breathtaking view from our PoolGarden Terrace open from spring to Autumn.

The Arabesque restaurant is indeed famous in Geneva, and I am pleased that you liked it as well. I hope next time you will be able to discover our new Caviar bar concept.

We are also very excited to welcome you back at the President Wilson and hope you will be able to enjoy the exquisite PoolGarden Restaurant on your next stay.

If you wish to be updated on the latest news and happening at the President Wilson, you can like our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter.

Kind Regards,

Guest Relation Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Started badly as I arrived at the approved check-in time to be told my bedroom was not ready. No drink was offered, no apology. I was told to just stand there for 10 minutes or so... But bedroom was clean, nice decor, overlooked the swimming pool and lake. Slightly outside town - around 15 minutes walk to the centre.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
DOSMPW, Manager at Hotel President Wilson, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for the time spent on writing this review on tripadvisor concerning your previous stay at the President Wilson Hotel in Geneva. We value every guest comment greatly and do our best so that every customer leaves satisfied after his stay.

I would like to express my sincere apologies for this inconvenient matter that occurred during your previous stay and be assured that I am personally taking care of this situation. The front office team as well as the Head Housekeeper have been informed and do their best in order for the rooms to be ready by check-in time. We are constantly improving our services in order to best satisfy our guests.
Nevertheless, I am very happy that you enjoyed the cleanliness, decoration and lake view of your room. The hotel had been entirely renovated in 2010, and provides services and amenities a modern traveler would expect from a 5 star hotel.
In regards to our location, even though we are slightly outside the city center, our hotel enjoys an incredible view over the Leman Lake and the Swiss Alps that most of our competitors don’t have.
I hope to welcome you back very soon in our property, and for any additional updates on our news, you can like our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter
In the meantime, I remain,

savannah, GA
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We spent the Xmas holidays in this well-run classy hotel. The staff were so accommodating...the breakfasts elegant and delicious, the lobbies were beautiful, and the winter decorations stunning. The Lebanese restaurant was a treat, and although prices in Switzerland are high, certain features mitigated the prices. During the entire stay, we had free bus, train, and tram tickets in Geneva, and most museums were free. A convenient bus system runs frequently, and the buses leave every few minutes less than a block from the hotel. The feeling of being at this hotel is that they are there just for you. The concierge services were very helpful, and the restaurants recommended and reserved by the concierges were very good. Walking along Lake Geneva and seeing the beautiful city is possible from this excellently located tranquil location.The owner lives in the hotel, and his presence assures impeccable service. We look forward to returning. T

Room Tip: All rooms look out on lovely views. The view of the lake is very inviting.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for this lovely comment posted on TripAdvisor regarding your experience at the President Wilson Hotel in Geneva. It is always very rewarding to read great guest experiences since it gives us great pride and feeling of accomplishment.
I am very happy to read that you appreciated the helpfulness of our staff, the elegance and taste of our breakfast and the beautiful decoration around the hotel. Indeed, this year the decoration team did a great work in regards to Christmas decoration and creating an enchanting atmosphere in the hotel.
I am also pleased to read that you enjoyed the Lebanese restaurant Arabesque and I would also recommend our fine dining restaurant Bayview for your next stay.
The public transportation system in Geneva is indeed very convenient and our location makes the access to the city center very easy. It is wonderful that you used the transportation card and are always glad at the President Wilson to provide special services like this one.
Furthermore, I am happy to hear that our concierge services advised you perfectly during your stay.
I would like to thank you again for this very positive comment and hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.
If you wish to be updated with our latest news and happenings, you can like our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter.
Sinecerly,

Reviewed 31 December 2011

We stayed 4 nights and enjoyed the various restaurants: french style, lebanese food and lounge type / world food. It is extremely well decorated with elegance. Modern style. I found that the quality of the coffee did not match the rest of the meal though.

• Stayed December 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for this very positive comment posted on TripAdvisor regarding your experience at the President Wilson Hotel in Geneva. It gives us great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your previous stay with us.

I am very happy to read that you appreciated our fine dining restaurant “Bayview”, the Lebanese “Arabesque” as well as the “Glow”. All the restaurants, public areas and guest rooms have been renovated using the finest materials and the expertise of Swiss architects. As you very well noticed, we modernized the style of the hotel while keeping it elegant and luxurious.
Regarding your opinion on the quality of the coffee during your meal, be assured that we are constantly seeking to evaluate and increase the quality of the coffee served.

I do hope you will continue to enjoy our property and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Great location, classy hotel with great ambience but quite expensive one. Staff is good though could be better but still a good place to stay if you have good budget. The smoking rooms are very decent & spacious but had to move to non-smoking room for a day which was very small and bad planned/arranged.

Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at the President Wilson Hotel in Geneva. It is important for us to know about our guest’s experience in our property.

I am very pleased to read that you appreciate out exceptional location on Lake Geneva which gives you the opportunity to admire a magnificent and breathtaking Alpine panorama.
Regarding our prices, be assured that these are constantly evaluated and well adapted to the high standard of the hotel and to the offer of comparable 5* hotels in Geneva.
I can also assure you that our staff is constantly trained in order to keep up with the ever changing hospitality standards of a 5 star property.
I am also happy to hear that you found your smoking room spacious and up to your expectations. As for the non-smoking room, I am sorry to read that you didn’t appreciate the arrangement, even though all rooms have been entirely renovated in order to be as functional as possible.
I hope to welcome you very soon in our beautiful hotel and for any additional updates on our news and happenings you can like our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter.
In the meantime, I remain,