All reviews train station centre of town last week around the corner nespresso machine nice staff recommend this hotel old town gym street swiss lake
Reviewed 10 April 2016

Choices for hotels in the city are extremely limited, and the Elite is one of the better ones. It's a short walk to the central train station, and the staff are friendly enough for a Swiss hotel. However, the rooms are a bit dated, though the toilets are obviously new. Rooms facing the street are noisy at night though, from traffic and patrons of nearby bars.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2016

Has just been updated and still offers reasonable price/quality relationship right in the centre of Biel/Bienne. Room was quite good size but still a little spartan in decoration. Breakfast room hadn't been reburbished when I stayed there, so they used a small meeting room upstairs. Choice and quality wasn't that great. By Swiss standards, personnel were quite friendly.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 March 2016

This Hotel has done a lot of improvement! Breakfast in the Rooftop Restaurant is just great. Nice View. Also there is a new Fitness&Wellness outfit and is free of charge for the Hotel Guests. Nice to have. On the Street Level there is a new Italian Restaurant:
Be live me there have the biggest Pizzas I have ever seen!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 March 2016

I stayed here for 3 nights last week. On the first night I had a problem with the air conditioner making a very loud noise throughout the night. At breakfast the following morning, I asked the waitress if I could please speak to the hotel manager regarding this issue.

The hotel manager was very apologetic over the situation and offered a free upgrade for the remaining two nights of my stay, and also to remove the room charge for the previous night. I felt this was a very acceptable resolution. I was also generously gifted a bottle of malt whisky for my inconvenience.

All of the hotel staff were very pleasant and helpful throughout my stay.

Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Phil C
Reviewed 15 February 2016

The Art Deco Hotel Elite has been undergoing some improvements since my last visit in November 2015.
Where during my last visit breakfast was served at a cosy makeshift restaurant, Now there is a beautiful breakfast area on the 6th level with a great view over Biel/Bienne.
In my opinion this area would also be very suitable to have some parties at as there is the spacious roof terrace. I imagine on the sunny summer evenings that this would be ideal.

My room this time was a different one then last time. It looked and felt as if this room had had a recent change over. Very clean and crisp. Spacious with an opportunity to connect two adjacent rooms together ideal for family stays also.

The balcony is always a big welcome as is the opportunity to open windows or doors in order to get some fresh air in.
Also this time no disappointment here.

The staff is as before welcoming. with one positive remark to make.
As a returning guest the only thing to do at the front desk is to sign for your stay and to receive the key. A procedure that takes less then a minute.
That is a positive loyalty reward.

I am happy to see that this hotel is serious about guests needs, and staff is aware of its importance with a friendly smile.
And the 6th floor restaurant for breakfast adds to the professional appearance!

Room Tip: As a tip for the best rooms it is advised to ask for those close to the elevators.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Elite_Biel, Manager at Art Deco Hotel Elite, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2016

Dear Hans B

We would like to thank you for choosing again the Art Déco Hotel Elite during your visit. We appreciate every feedback in order to improve our processes and to provide high quality customer services.

It’s a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our house and we were able to impress you with our services. We are glad to pass your positive feedback through to our employees. Please let us know if we can assist you with any further reservations. It would be our pleasure to host you during your next stay in Biel.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you very soon.

Kind regards