All reviews train station centre of town last week around the corner nespresso machine nice staff recommend this hotel old town gym street swiss lake
Reviewed 14 March 2016

This Hotel has done a lot of improvement! Breakfast in the Rooftop Restaurant is just great. Nice View. Also there is a new Fitness&Wellness outfit and is free of charge for the Hotel Guests. Nice to have. On the Street Level there is a new Italian Restaurant:
Be live me there have the biggest Pizzas I have ever seen!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 March 2016

I stayed here for 3 nights last week. On the first night I had a problem with the air conditioner making a very loud noise throughout the night. At breakfast the following morning, I asked the waitress if I could please speak to the hotel manager regarding this issue.

The hotel manager was very apologetic over the situation and offered a free upgrade for the remaining two nights of my stay, and also to remove the room charge for the previous night. I felt this was a very acceptable resolution. I was also generously gifted a bottle of malt whisky for my inconvenience.

All of the hotel staff were very pleasant and helpful throughout my stay.

Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Phil C
Reviewed 15 February 2016

The Art Deco Hotel Elite has been undergoing some improvements since my last visit in November 2015.
Where during my last visit breakfast was served at a cosy makeshift restaurant, Now there is a beautiful breakfast area on the 6th level with a great view over Biel/Bienne.
In my opinion this area would also be very suitable to have some parties at as there is the spacious roof terrace. I imagine on the sunny summer evenings that this would be ideal.

My room this time was a different one then last time. It looked and felt as if this room had had a recent change over. Very clean and crisp. Spacious with an opportunity to connect two adjacent rooms together ideal for family stays also.

The balcony is always a big welcome as is the opportunity to open windows or doors in order to get some fresh air in.
Also this time no disappointment here.

The staff is as before welcoming. with one positive remark to make.
As a returning guest the only thing to do at the front desk is to sign for your stay and to receive the key. A procedure that takes less then a minute.
That is a positive loyalty reward.

I am happy to see that this hotel is serious about guests needs, and staff is aware of its importance with a friendly smile.
And the 6th floor restaurant for breakfast adds to the professional appearance!

Room Tip: As a tip for the best rooms it is advised to ask for those close to the elevators.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Elite_Biel, Manager at Art Deco Hotel Elite, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2016

Dear Hans B

We would like to thank you for choosing again the Art Déco Hotel Elite during your visit. We appreciate every feedback in order to improve our processes and to provide high quality customer services.

It’s a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our house and we were able to impress you with our services. We are glad to pass your positive feedback through to our employees. Please let us know if we can assist you with any further reservations. It would be our pleasure to host you during your next stay in Biel.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you very soon.

Kind regards

General Manager & Team Art Déco Hotel Elite

Reviewed 1 February 2016

Being from NYC and in a relatively small Swiss town I was looking forward to a good night's rest during a business travel. Much to my surprise, I did not sleep all night, the street noise from the nearby restaurant/ night club was unbearable. music, loud talking, singing, shouting was shot right up to my 5th floor room until the wee hours. I had to close the window despite the fact the air in the room was super hot and dry. did not help much with the noise but made me super uncomfortable for the rest of the night.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank makami18
Elite_Biel, Manager at Art Deco Hotel Elite, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2016

Dear Makami

We would like to thank you for choosing the Art Déco Hotel Elite during your visit. We appreciate every feedback in order to improve our processes and to provide high quality customer services.

Dear Guest please accept our apologies for having a sleepless night during your stay. The bars in front of the hotel are very lively bars at the weekends. Our courtyard rooms are much quieter, for your next stays please mention this in your booking.

We are pleased to inform you that we have now air conditioning in every room so our guests can sleep even on hot days with closed window.

We hope during your next stay in Biel, we can welcome you once again at the Art Déco Hotel Elite to prove, that we are really passionate about our guest service.

Kind regards
General Manager & Art Déco Hotel Elite Team

Reviewed 20 November 2015

I spent 2 nights in this hotel. It was booked by my client (blindly, mostly because of the location) - so just to make this clear, because it would have NEVER been my choice.
And here is why. I got the 301 room. The good part is: the location is great - the heart of the city. the room was very clean. The interactive TV is also great fun & it has a lot of channels. The bathroom is very (unnecessary) big. The wifi is free, but not always stabil. And this is all.
Now the bad part: the whole room feel is like being in an old people's home or assisted living institutions - just omg! I'll be polite & say soon not my style. But to be honest, unless you're blind and above 70 years, most likely you won't find this hotel very attractive. The first day (I spent 2 days in the room) was a construction work just under my window. They were removing the scaffoldings. The noise was just unbearable! It was a beautiful sunny, warm day & I just had to keep the windows closed. What a reward. Then, the closet was sooooo tiny. Really shameful size. The hand soap was at the end, the mini bar had two bottles of water, nothing else. And all of this for 250 Swiss Francs per night!!!! It is Switzerland, it is expensive, but this was RIDICULOUS! And those 4 stars - I just can't see the background of it! Sorry, but never ever again! I just felt ripped off.

Room Tip: Room 301 has a view on the back yard & other houses - bad!
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business