All reviews train station centre of town last week around the corner nespresso machine nice staff recommend this hotel old town gym street swiss lake
Reviewed 1 February 2016

Being from NYC and in a relatively small Swiss town I was looking forward to a good night's rest during a business travel. Much to my surprise, I did not sleep all night, the street noise from the nearby restaurant/ night club was unbearable. music, loud talking, singing, shouting was shot right up to my 5th floor room until the wee hours. I had to close the window despite the fact the air in the room was super hot and dry. did not help much with the noise but made me super uncomfortable for the rest of the night.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank makami18
Elite_Biel, Manager at Art Deco Hotel Elite, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2016

Dear Makami

We would like to thank you for choosing the Art Déco Hotel Elite during your visit. We appreciate every feedback in order to improve our processes and to provide high quality customer services.

Dear Guest please accept our apologies for having a sleepless night during your stay. The bars in front of the hotel are very lively bars at the weekends. Our courtyard rooms are much quieter, for your next stays please mention this in your booking.

We are pleased to inform you that we have now air conditioning in every room so our guests can sleep even on hot days with closed window.

We hope during your next stay in Biel, we can welcome you once again at the Art Déco Hotel Elite to prove, that we are really passionate about our guest service.

Kind regards
General Manager & Art Déco Hotel Elite Team

Reviewed 20 November 2015

I spent 2 nights in this hotel. It was booked by my client (blindly, mostly because of the location) - so just to make this clear, because it would have NEVER been my choice.
And here is why. I got the 301 room. The good part is: the location is great - the heart of the city. the room was very clean. The interactive TV is also great fun & it has a lot of channels. The bathroom is very (unnecessary) big. The wifi is free, but not always stabil. And this is all.
Now the bad part: the whole room feel is like being in an old people's home or assisted living institutions - just omg! I'll be polite & say soon not my style. But to be honest, unless you're blind and above 70 years, most likely you won't find this hotel very attractive. The first day (I spent 2 days in the room) was a construction work just under my window. They were removing the scaffoldings. The noise was just unbearable! It was a beautiful sunny, warm day & I just had to keep the windows closed. What a reward. Then, the closet was sooooo tiny. Really shameful size. The hand soap was at the end, the mini bar had two bottles of water, nothing else. And all of this for 250 Swiss Francs per night!!!! It is Switzerland, it is expensive, but this was RIDICULOUS! And those 4 stars - I just can't see the background of it! Sorry, but never ever again! I just felt ripped off.

Room Tip: Room 301 has a view on the back yard & other houses - bad!
Reviewed 16 November 2015

Renovations and other changes convert Hotel Elite to an elite hotel in Bienne. The gym is more than a hotel gym, top rate. The rooms and service are great, and the hotel is surrounded by restaurants and commerce. The best place in Biel/Bienne to stay!

Dear Sam L.

Thank you for posting a lovely review of your stay at the Art Déco Hotel Elite Biel.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and had the opportunity to experience so many of the fine facilities the hotel has to offer, including our Flowerpower30 gym , the ultimate space to unwind and relax after a hard day's shopping and sightseeing in Biel.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you very soon.

Kind regards
General Manager & Team Art Déco Hotel Elite

Reviewed 12 November 2015

The Art Deco Hotel is situated in the Center of Biel/Bienne and in walking distance of the train-station.
The Staff has a very professional and helpful attitude .
Checking in time efficient and fast.

The Room
The room and bath room where both very clean and felt fresh and crisp. A nice gesture was to find a fresh apple and a candy on the bed.
These things are always promising for a hotel.
Access to a small balcony with a view offers the opportunity for having fresh outside air in the room.
The temperature in the room was a bit to high for my liking, and unfortunately there is no option to adjust this in the room.
But when one opens the balcony door this helps to regulate.

Bathroom
Very very clean and fitted with some essentials.
Some small remarks:
The door stop on the floor is a potential toe killer A sliding door would be advisable.
The showers tap is not situated ideally as when taking a shower one could hit a knee or a leg against the tab.
Something to consider for future upgrades and if one knows not a huge problem.

Dining
The hotel has no indoor restaurant which is no problem as there are many restaurants in its direct vicinity.

Noise from the busy center is not disturbing a good nights rest.

Breakfast
The breakfast was a little disappointing as it is a very basic one with limited choice. which does not really correspond with the hotels appearance and attitude.
The breakfast area looks like a make shift area which on its own offers also some feeling of eating in a private area.
The Staff is attentive to the guests needs and has a professional attitude.

The Hotel offers also a fitness area for guests.

All in all it is a great place for short stays.

Room Tip: The rooms with a front street view are advisable

Dear Hans B.

We are pleased to inform you that we have now air conditioning in every room. The breakfast buffet we also improved, so that our guests have a bigger choice. Since December 2015 our guests can enjoy their breakfast in our new Rooftop Restaurant and our outdoor terrace with beautiful views of the city.
Unfortunately during your stay our Rooftop Restaurant was still under construction.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you very soon.

Yours sincerely
General Manager & Team Art Déco Hotel Elite

Reviewed 25 September 2015

I had to visit Biel on business and I chose this hotel due to its close proximity to the train station as there is a very efficient train service from Zurich to Biel. The hotel is not expensive at about USD$210- per night. The check-in process was laborious and I was asked to pay in full before being given the key to my room, which was a bit odd. I booked a deluxe double room and was surprised to find that the room was TINY and smaller than most hotel rooms in Paris. There is construction and "jack hammering" going on in the hotel, so it is very, very noisy--they didn't tell me this when I booked and/or checked-in. I will say that the room was spotless and the miniature double bed was comfortable and the linen was fresh. The bathroom had plenty of hot water, but the amenities are pathetic--not to have the basics like shampoo, for your guests is absurd to say the least. The Swiss style breakfast is very pleasant, but extremely basic and the breakfast room is tired and dreary. The overall experience is 3 star at the very best and I saw nothing that resembled "Art Deco" or "Elite", so the hotel's name is quite misleading.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business