“Quintessentially swiss” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Bern
Houston, Texas
“Quintessentially swiss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

The Schweizerhof has been wonderfully remodelled, a subtle and harmonious balance of contemporary style and Swiss hotel traditions. Service, from front desk to lounge staff, is simply faultless, friendly, helpful, you find in this hotel what you expect from Swiss palace hospitality. I did not have breakfast but a few glasses in the lounge and checked the menu which seemed to offer a nice selection of local food and more "international" fares. The rooms are simply superb, very quiet despite being on the train station side, bathrooms are large and very modern. Business people have been kept in mind for the multitude of power outlets on the desk and the free minibar (sodas and beers) is a very nice touch not found in many places.
The only downside, and it is a major one for me, is the antiquited internet access, which prevents more than one device at the same time on the same room number access code and the utterly cumbersome process to get additional codes. Europe seems infected with these ubercomplicated internet access systems in hotels. What is wrong with plain open access ??? Or just a code (the same one for everyone and every devices) throughout the hotel ? And change it every week if you fear that a terrorist is going to abuse it !!!! As if they were just counting on your access.... very swiss-spiessig thinking.
Besides this issue, this hotel is fantastic and I will stay there on my next visit...provided they fix the internet access.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank IAHGVA
Bern-Schweizerhof, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Hotel Schweizerhof, responded to this review, 10 February 2012
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you very much for your kind and positive feedback and thank you once again for having chosen the Hotel Schweizerhof Bern during your recent stay. We appreciate your time to inform us about your experiences during your stay with us.

It is a great satisfaction for all of us that you enjoyed your stay with us and felt comfortable at the Hotel Schweizerhof Bern. Your positive feedback is high motivation for every single member of staff to take best possible care of our guests.

We also thank you for your comments concerning the internet access and we do apologise for any inconvenience caused. Booking our standard room category guests have free internet access for one hour per day. Therefore we kindly suggest our guests to book the DELUXE room category (or higher) which includes - beside a more spacious room - the advantage of the BUSINESS PACKAGE in the room rate. Our business package includes free internet access for up to 10 devices (2 mbit/s), unlimited movies on demand as well as unlimited national telephone calls during the whole stay.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel Schweizerhof Bern and wish you all the best.

Kind regards
Quality Manager of the Hotel Schweizerhof Bern

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Wollerau, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

I've stayed at the Schweizerhof for one night, for business purpose and, if I usually don't write comment after a stay in a hotel, this time I felt that I had to. In fact, the hotel has been tastefully and very well renovated, the service is impeccable and the food tried (room service + breakfast) were very good. This hotel was simply perfect and I have nothing to complain about, from check-in to check-out. I wish every hotel in which I was staying offered such a good experience and service. Congratulations to everyone and I wish you all the best, as to stay again soon.

Room Tip: I was in a single deluxe room, which was extremely big! My room was on the highest floor.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

I stayed at the Schweizerhof Hotel for one night (Deluxe room incl. business package) and I must say; it was absolutely great in every way. The warm welcome at the reception including a quick tour of the room made my first minutes of my stay wonderful. The service truly amazed me - when I returned to my room after a quick walk outside, my room had been cleaned and everything was ready for the night including water and a praline from "Sprüngli" on my night stand...as if a fairy had been in my room. Honestly, I was touched! The room was impeccable; modern furniture, luxurious bath room with a huge rain shower, well-stocked mini bar as well as a nespresso coffee machine...All I can say; if you plan on going to Bern - stay here! Thank you for the nice experience!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Tirzah P
paris
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

This is one of the nicest hotels i have stayed in, brand new room, luxurious bath tub and huge rain shower. Service was outstanding all the staff were very friendly and concierge was 5 star. The breakfast was very good and again the service was great. The bar was great fun and always made sure you had nibbles with your drinks. Great location and the shopping is great! I would stay here again, if your going to Bern you have to stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for the 6th floor
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Baar, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

We stayed at the Schweizerhof in Bern for one night (Sa/Su), booked a Deluxe double room. Making the reservation over the phone was already a pleasant experience, with the receptionist being very friendly and asking if I'd have any special wishes for them to prepare our room upon arrival.

We were warmly welcomed, the room was great, with pretty much everything exceeding our expectations. The staff was very attentive during our entire stay, including service at the connected brasserie. We'll definitely be going back there ...

Room Tip: The hotel has a few rooms for event on the first floor. If there's a wedding or something, try t...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple