All reviews waffle iron free video continental affair bern city family room tram bus bigger room free public transport tickets sofa bed good size large bathroom old town main station stay there again sized rooms free breakfast min walk
Reviewed 6 May 2017

Our family stayed at the Ibis Styles over the Easter Holiday. First, the rooms were clean and the windows opened so we could enjoy the clean and cool nighttime air. There is a large breakfast buffet included with the room which was available for several hours each morning. One receives a free tram-pass when staying at a hotel in Bern and the nearest stop is only a few minutes walk away from the hotel.

Room Tip: The family rooms provide a bit more space and are worth the extra cost is they are available.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Matthias B, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Styles Bern City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Hi Sundog17,

it's very nice to read about your positive experience with us! Thank you very much for your valuable time and for sharing.

We really hope that you come back and stay in the Styles Berne again!

Take care and enjoy a beautyful summer time
Matthias, Director

Reviewed 18 April 2017

We stayed at this hotel for three nights, and sadly i was not impressed. It is certainly a budget hotel but with very expensive tastes. in my reviews, I have always tried to avoid being critical, and I hope I am not being too harsh here. But for the high room rate, we found ourselves in a 15' x 15' room with no closet and in the middle of a huge construction zone (beware if, like us, you are driving to the hotel), no tram service but a 10 minute walk to a bus stop, and a hotel that is not central - and beware: there is limited hotel parking (I have no idea how close extra parking is given the construction). If the rates had not been so high, I could have accepted these shortcomings perhaps, but while not a bad hotel, it is to me a budget hotel. However, check in was quick and hassle free, the front desk staff were always kind and helpful, and continental breakfast was included. If my travels ever took me back to Berne, I would probably not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Matthias B, General Manager at Hotel Ibis Styles Bern City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Dear SouthendSteve,
thank you very much for sharing your experience! I deeply apologize that you have not experienced pleasure with us. We try every day to really provide the best product, services and value for money. I'm sorry that during your stay we obviously could not.
I still hope that you give us a 2nd chance in future. Let me know in case you will!
Take care and kind regards
Matthias Beyeler, host

Reviewed 18 April 2017

Hotel is very decent and clean and reasonably priced. It had what we needed: simple room furniture yet in good condition, well cleaned, nice breakfast and proper wifi.
Hotel is not in downtown, but you can reach it by walking 15 minutes...

1  Thank alraulon75
Reviewed 18 April 2017

The hotel is in a good and peaceful location, plenty of restaurants around and accessible by public transport. Counter staff was excellent and hospitable, good breakfast , good internet connection and good atmosphere inside the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 12 April 2017

We only stayed one night.
The room was a good size, very clean and all the basic amenities.
There was a step up to the bathroom which may be a problem for some.
Although it is a bit further out, you catch a bus around the corner and in 5 minutes you are in the main sightseeing area. (free bus pass)
Breakfast was excellent and much better than a previous stay at an Ibis.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple