Lowest prices for your stay
USD 175
View deal
PricelineUSD 173
Booking.comUSD 175
eDreamsUSD 175
All reviews main attractions are nice hotel old town top floor train station mini bar in the room air conditioning staff at reception bunk beds easy walking distance good size room rate convenient location rooms are clean gym europe bear
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 February 2020

Convenient to all transportation, centrally located, nicely appointed...clean and modern, very nice breakfast and friendly staff.

The only reason I couldn’t award five stars is because I was given a street view room after I specifically requested (twice) a “quiet room.” It was noisy until midnight and then again at around 5:30 am! They moved me to a very nice quiet room the next day and gave me a small token of compensation for the aggravation. I would rather have had two peaceful nights sleep

Having said that, knowing what I know about the rooms I would happily return and insist upon a quiet room at check in.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 January 2020

I had never stayed at the Kreuz before and was pleasantly surprised by the general atmosphere of the place: clean, luminous and modern. My room was small but quiet and nice. I especially enjoyed the friendliness of the staff at reception and at breakfast, which was also enjoyable. A good tip for Bern

Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Julia_Allemann, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Kreuz Bern Modern City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2020

Dear guest. Thank you for your stay in our Hotel and your great feedback. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. We are especially pleased that you were very satisfied with the friendliness of our staff and the breakfast. I am happy to give this compliment to the team.
It would be a pleasure to welcome you again. Best wishes from Bern

Reviewed 30 December 2019 via mobile

1) location is good. Easy walking distance to Bern SBB
2) hotel room size is decent. Can get noisy (from the streets) if the windows are open. There is AC but it only works if the weather outside is more than 18°C.
3) rooms are not carpeted (laminated wooden flooring) so it can get noisy. Walls are generally thin
4) breakfast is Ok.
5) there’s a laundry facility on site, but we didn’t get a chance to use it as they lost track of the key
6) there’s no mini bar in the room, so if you need to refrigerate anything, leave it with the reception
7) staff at reception generally friendly and welcoming. But there was an instance the staff would not help me to make a phone call to check if a shop was open (hotel policy)

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank cbu522
Reviewed 4 December 2019

First time to Bern , stayed at this hotel , the staff is very friendly when we make a queries on how to go the bear area. She directly hand us a map and guide us . We have free transport card which can take free public bus to go around. The hotel is clean and bed is comfy. easy to get around by walking from this hotel to train station , shopping and places to eat. We are so lucky to stay when the annual onion market is held , it just below the hotel street . Recommend to stay here.

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed 8 November 2019

The hotel was in easy walking distance to the train station for a 67/76 year old couple. It was located with easy walking distance of the river, Bear Pits, shopping streets and restaurants. There was a wonderful Italian restaurant, Restaurant Luce, recommended by the hotel, directly across the street that was so good we went there 2 nights in a row. The room was very clean, beds comfortable, and the bathroom was clean and roomy. Our room was close to the breakfast area and very quiet. The breakfast was very pleasant, plentiful, with many choices. Even though it was fairly busy, we never felt rushed and lingered over coffee. Would highly recommend and hope to return in the future.

Date of stay: June 2019