“Wonderful food in a relaxed setting.”

Restaurant Atelier im Teufelhof
Ranked #2 of 722 Restaurants in Basel
Price range: USD 52 - USD 121
Cuisines: European, Swiss, Contemporary, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Altstadt
Description: The restaurant Atelier underlines the art and gallery orientation of the cultural guesthouse «Der Teufelhof Basel». Being the French word for an artist’s workshop, an atelier is the workplace of a creative person. Our guests staying in the restaurant Atelier experience a glimpse behind the scenes of daily life in kitchen and service. Our offer comprises state-of-art global cuisine, mainly with Swiss and regional products which we purchase from suppliers and producers who we know personally. The emphasis is placed on manual skills - everything we offer is «handmade».
Reviewed 12 October 2017

We had a wonderful dinner here. Excellent friendly service and high quality food. Recommend the veal chop main course and the cheese filled ravioli. Good wine. Expect a hefty bill as Switzerland is expensive and this is fine dining. Would definitely visit again.

1  Thank Kelham123

Reviewed 29 September 2017

I think this is the fourth or fifth time I have been to this restaurant and i always enjoy it.The food is beautifully presented and the ingredients are local. Last time I had venison. It is worth asking for advice on the local Swiss wines as they are getting better and better. It is Switzerland so don't expect it to be inexpensive but the difference is that the food and the experience make it worth every penny.

1  Thank Paul E
Reviewed 14 September 2017

We had dinner at Atelier; I chose the vegetarian meal and my partner had the fish special. He loved his meal. I found the beet salad amazing...and I don't normally eat beets. In the photo I posted you'll see the inventive way they put together beets, citrus, and microgreens. It was the best beet salad I've had. The main dish was a streusel of potato, carrot, onion, and herbs in a flaky crust. Really different, but good. I couldn't finish it...because I wanted to save room for the vegetarian dessert. ;) Creme brulee with vanilla bean gelato and dried plums. We had a bottle of one of their Swiss wines with dinner; decent, not great. Overall, a very pleasant dinner and very nice staff.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Ok, so this place isn't cheep. Not remotely. But it's one of the best restaurants I've eaten at. Ever. Super tender, delicious meat. The starter was visually beautiful too (my main was a veal chop, not much even the most gifted of artists can visually do with a chop. The taste though. Perfect). There were plenty of gluten free options and many more that could be adapted. A perfect 10... I can't afford to eat here again this trip though!

1  Thank Gemma H
Reviewed 28 August 2017

We had a very pleasant lunch in the courtyard, the dishes on the fixed-price lunch menu were all delicious. The courtyard is shady but warm, and has a relaxed but formal atmosphere. Service was excellent.